1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swift action needed.... ?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by payaso, Mar 15, 2000.

Tags:
  1. payaso

payaso Member

If for no other reason that the rocks lost a fresh name on the roster when they traded Othella. Gotta love Stromile...

Seriously, a guy like that who has virtually singlehandedly DESTROYED some quality teams this year (thinking of my AZCats)ought to merit some looks if he's left on the board come Stern time.

yo, coon-ass BBSers... who's seen enough of this guy to know whether or not he's a good choice?

------------------
    "We have no eternal
    allies and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and
    perpetual."

[This message has been edited by payaso (edited March 15, 2000).]

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

He's a damn solid PF. Although not to Francis3's enjoyment, I believe Swift will be the best PF in the draft OVER MARTIN.

I'm sure all of you guys are sad that we missed out on the McDyess sweepstakes, well here's your opportunity to nab him.

Here's a profile of him:

Stromile Swift - F LSU - Stromile Swift has been very impressive for LSU this season. Swift is a 6-10 PF with long arms and a lean frame. He will likely need to bulk up some for the NBA which he should be able to do. Swift already has very nice post moves and is a good defensive player. Aside from playing good position defense, Swift is a solid shot blocker. His game closely resembles that of the Nuggets Antonio McDyess. Swift runs the court extremely well for a big man and finishes with authority on the break. It is questionable whether or not Swift will declare for the NBA Draft this season as he is only a Sophomore. This statement may shock many, but I feel that Stromile Swift will be a better NBA player than Kenyon Martin. Swift has a better offensive game, a longer frame and runs the court as well or better than Martin. The only advantage Martin has is defensive ability, but Swift is no slouch either in this area.

------------------
    The Countdown has been terminated..and March Madness has arrived!!!

..And we're there to report it...

www.draftsource.net

3. payaso

payaso Member

props for the speedy reply... I can see him wearing '33' already!

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I like Kenyon the best but I havent seen alot of Stromile Swift. But I will watch him in the coming days.

If kenyon wont be there when houston picks then this is the guy that Houston should go after. Alot of ppl think he is the best power forward. I wouldnt mind getting him but if Martin is there and we pass him up, YOU WONT SEE ME HERE ANYMORE.. I will be in jail for the killing of Rudy T. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

5. Rocket in N O

Rocket in N O Member

I ve seen Stromile Play a Lot(cuz im from Louisiana)my take on swift is that he is very athletic, Spectacular(man, he dunks like Air Canada) good post up moves(noT amazing), incredible fast running the court, but , the only big but on him is Foul trouble
    He gets in foul trouble too early and too easily

"Son, in sports, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get.
    Homer J. Simpson

------------------

6. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

i haven't seen him play that much, but i saw this one highlight where he did a fake behind the back pass and then dunked on somebody... he's pretty darn impressive... [​IMG]

------------------