1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SuperGirl (Another Super Hero TV Show)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, May 13, 2015.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lm46-envrHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What Y'all Think?

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I think they just showed us the entire first season there, or the best bits of it, so I probably won't watch it.

She's cute though, so that's good

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Would hit

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not much on CBS worth watching, don't expect this to be any different.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That the girl from Whiplash?

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That looks absolutely terrible. I thought it was a joke at first with the girl in the big city terrible chickflick cliches.

SNL did a spoof of a girl superhero movie that was almost identical to the trailer above.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j_5KgpN38hM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#6 Xerobull, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I mean, I'll give it a chance, but damn, that looks bad. Plus, isn't Mehcad Brooks television poison? He's the 6'5 black Summer Glau. However, I don't know If I want to live in a world where Supergirl isn't in an interracial relationship.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm guessing CBS gives its shows bigger budgets than the CW? Because there's something about the show that looks better than Flash and Arrow, aesthetically speaking.

I'm glad they're not wasting any time with Kara's powers. I really hope the whole "GIRL POWER! YEAH!" thing isn't heavy-handed, or too forced onto the viewers.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

That's kind of obvious with the Calista Flockhart casting alone.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Having no idea about the history of Supergirl, I feel like she's doing her best Felicity Smoak impression.

11. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

With Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tommorow, and now SuperGirl that makes four DC properties that Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg are heading.

All of which will be in the same DC Tv universe:

This universe might expand again if Constantine (which was just cancelled by NBC) is saved as it might show up on the CW next fall.

Before Constantine was cancelled it was revealed by Stephen Amell and Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim that there were talks to have Oliver Queen show up on Constantine.

Nice little tv universe DC is setting up here.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I actually liked the preview. I thought that is about as good as they could do with a superhero that is not a primary. It will be interesting to see if they can pull a female audience for it which will be their challenge. Generally a limited market. Which I think is why they had to get Flockhart who commands part of that very well. The recent run of female strong movies that were successful and crossovers gives it a chance for sure.

14. conquistador#11

not to go snoop dog on everyone but I thought constantine was a real demon hunter and not a comic from the D.C world. I didn't like the movie is the show worth watching?

15. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Honestly, I'd take a look at it. To me, it had a real comic book feel to it.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I personally thought Agent Carter did all that very well, actually think it's a better Marvel network show than SHEILD.

I'll give this a few episodes and see how it plays out.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

She's super cute. BTW, she's the girl from Glee and she was part of the fappening.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If it's in the Arrow/Flash universe then I may have to check this out, although the preview and the fact that it's on CBS don't fill me with hope.

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Go on...

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

That's looks Zzzz worthy