1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Suck it, Hubie Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Dec 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ghost_of_Akeem

For instance, the Rockets could be undefeated right now and still the only thing we would hear on local radio would be the condition of the garbage 7-7 Texans.

WTF cares about a garbage Texans team? I don't. I want to hear more about the Rockets!!!

2. HoustonForever

Hubie Brown was very complimentary towards Olajuwon and Samson, even to the point of saying that Hakeem "moved like a cat".

3. CrashTheBoards

Rooting for the nuggets or rooting against the rockets? It is a recurring thing that i noticed before so just switch over to bill and co.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, I saw him go both ways with fouls. BUT... if he really ugh'd Harden's three and loved Afflalo's... that's a problem.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like Hubie so long as I don't have to look at him.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at age 81 it's amazing he's still working the games. i can't stand his nasally voice though and wish he would just retire.

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

I've always admired Hubie's fund of basketball knowledge. Maybe it was because he had a newbie sitting next to him, but it seemed like he was talking too much last night, on his own, without prompting, just running on and on... Sheesh, Hubie, let the kid work a bit.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

OP is trippin

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Subtle. Typical b**** ass Hubie move.

Said Hakeem is a p***y.

10. yo

yo Contributing Member

Oh, you also noticed that he does not stop talking? I assure you, it was not because of who was sitting next to him. He talks and talks and talks to the point of overanalyzing. He absolutely loves the sound of his own voice, like his colleague Doug Collins. I would love to see them both call a game together. There literally may not be a moment of silence.

11. bmd

bmd Member

I don't really care for Hubie's commentating... but he never seems unfair or biased.

12. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Yeah, I forgot this game was on ESPN and posted in the game thread that the Denver announcers sound like Rockets fans. Sounded pretty not Rockets hating to me. Did only watch the first half though.

13. bmd

bmd Member

He didn't "ugh" on Harden's 3. I mean he said something like "ugh"... But in a tone of admiration like he couldn't believe he just hit that shot, yet at the same time that's typical Harden so it's kind of expected. He followed it up with praise. It's hard to explain in words.

As for Afflalo's shot, he said something like "YES!" When he hit it. But he just hit a shot at the buzzer. That's a pretty expected reaction.

14. conquistador#11

i used to love hearing hubie. he, along with walton,was one of yao's biggest fan it seemed.

15. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

what, he was praising harden all game. what do you want?

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

He seems to do that more when he notices someone blew an assignment, sags off, doesn't rotate on defense, etc. It wasn't because he didn't want Harden to make it. He will always think like a coach.

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Hell, I did the same thing watching the game at home. Harden is just evil the way he can just take a victory away from a scrappy opponent at the right opportunity.

I like Hubie's commentary. He's unbiased, but if he sounded happy for the Nuggets it was probably because they've been a bit of a hard-luck team this year and people generally will root for an underdog to do well.

18. rocketseagles07

He was saying positive things about harden all night. Only thing he began to point out was that harden needs to stop taking 3's because he's struggling from the 3 pt line

19. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

he said all game that harden didnt shoot the 3 well this game, and he wanted him to shoot closer. i guess he thought he should have drove the ball

20. Buck Turgidson

Too many people are way, way too sensitive over any perceived anti-Houston bias in the media.