1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Anyone else get into the IPOB SPAC before they announced it would be converted to funding Open Door?

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Missed it, but added IPOC to my watchlist. Will buy if it goes under $11.

3. Cokebabies

Looking at IPOB, even at $16-17 it seems to be trading at a conservative valuation or am I missing something? When I looked back at IPOA when it converted to Virgin Galactic in Oct 2019, it looks like it actually went down in November and didn't finally pop in December. I got into IPOB a few months back at $11.80 and was debating whether to put more money into it now that I know what company it will be funding.

4. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Mentioned this earlier. Just released PR saying they are moving to NYSE. Could be a good short term pop (maybe long term hold).

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I haven't looked in depth into opendoor. It's a zillow competitor?

My strategy for SPACs in general is to get in below $11, see if it pops on announcement and then move on to the next SPAC. Too many SPACs, it's hard to pick which ones can go over $20 and become the next draft kings.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You may as well add IPOA through IPOZ because I was reading that Chamath has registered all of those symbols for future use. :D

saitou likes this.
  8. Cokebabies

Yeah I'm mainly just betting on Chamath as I respect his values and investment approach. I was personally hoping IPOB would turn into Coinbase. =P OpenDoor is a Zillow competitor in the iBuying space, as opposed to the listings space. Think of OpenDoor as the CarMax or Shift but for homes instead of vehicles. I think it's a pretty lucrative space to disrupt and the next 2-3 years should be very favorable for them given the super-low interest rate environment.

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I see, good point about the low interest rate. Will try to read up more.

One spac that's still cheap that I'm excited about is TRNE/desktop metal, we've discussed it in this thread previously. I may actually hold that for long term.

Cokebabies likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

this MACD cross-over candidate has been basing for ~a month---forming a wedge---and is poised for a pop from the lower trading channel.

[​IMG]

picked up a LEAP 185 CALL option, then sold an Oct 191 CALL against it.
    will use this as a hedge against

• all the market volatility as the Presidential election is rapidly approaching,
    • as well as the zero discount rate environment

desihooper likes this.
  11. Cokebabies

Time to see how overpriced SNOW IPOs at. As of now it is indicating $185-190!

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Damn. I may wait awhile then.

13. Cokebabies

I like Chamath so I put a small limit order for $11.50 out for TRNE. Looking at their financials, they're pretty early stage in terms of generating revenue, which is my main concern, especially given the pandemic/weak economic outlook. They have a good business model but I think their forecast to hit profitability will end up getting pushed back a few years.

saitou likes this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

BMW and Renault are already customers, + ex-TSLA CTO is an investor. I don't follow the auto industry closely, but car sales in China have been strong. In countries with strong(er) public transport systems, there's been a shift to cars (and bicycles) due to covid fears.

15. adoo

adoo Member

im watching cnbc, w all these professional traders (managing multi-hundred-million porfotio) lamenting
    that they could not get in on the SNOW ipo

16. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

New to setting up a retirement plan. I know nothing. Wanting to do Roth IRA with Fidelity. Recommendations? Suggestions?

I have about 30 yrs to go.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

SNOW open..........293

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Do you have a target price on this? $289 now; holy....

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

getting cheaper lol... 237

20. adoo

adoo Member

that's above my pay grade.

i m gonna waiting for the lock-up period to expired, usually 90 - 180 days after tge ipo date

saitou likes this.