1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stephen A. Smith Is Jealous That You Like Charles Barkley Way More Than Stephen A. Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Feb 25, 2016.

?

Likable

1. Charles

67 vote(s)
    89.3%
  2. Stephen A

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stephen A. Smith Is Jealous That You Like Charles Barkley Way More Than Stephen A. Smith

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/steph...s-jealous-of-how-charles-barkley-gets-a-pass/

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Is this another version of him pulling the race card but can't really since Barkley is the same race?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's because Charles is funny, haha funny.

You can say pretty much anything if you get people to laugh about it.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Charles Barkley = Funny Stupid
    Screamin A Smith = Stupid and Stupider

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Finally, SAS is right about something. Barkley says dumb stuff all the time. But, he has a lot of charisma. SAS says dumb stuff and has no charisma. Instead of trying to say dumb things with charisma like Barkley, he should try to say smart things and leave charisma to others. Unfortunately, that might be equally unattainable.

1 person likes this.
  6. dchoye

dchoye Member

Dont find either that likable.

At least Barkley knows how to play the fool.

SAS is just a plain fool.

7. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Charles Barkley is like Terry Bradshaw...dumb but isn't pretending to be anything but the goofy dumb guy.

Stephen A. Smith is equally dumb but takes himself seriously.

That's the main difference, IMO.

1 person likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

IT'S STEPHEN AAAA SMITH THAT STILL TRIES TO PASS OF AS A JOURNALIST. HE CASHED IN AND ABANDONED HIS ROOTS A LONG TIME AGO!!!!

(stephen a mode on)

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sean Jones (for what it's worth) referred to Barkley as a puppet for white people a few months ago. Personally, I dislike Stephen because he's always yelling and spitting.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Stephen A Smith is a one trick pony. He just yells really loud and pretends to be outraged.

Barkley doesn't hurt your ears.

11. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Charles at certain times can allow others to poke fun at himself, SAS dishes it but can't take it.

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm in the vast minority, but I give the edge to Stephen A.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SAS takes himself too seriously. Is too loud, too. And he is like that Damon Wayans prison brother when he talks.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Stephen A on Harden
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h-vu9ffmWTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Charles
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Narj17nN8bM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Can we send both of them to Mars, like seriously and throw in Skip Bayless, while we are at it? :p

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yep. Bottom line right here.

17. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I still don't get how that ESPN show gets the ratings it does. Who is watching that stuff in the middle of a weekday? College dorms? Unemployed? People day-drinking at bars? I can't imagine this stuff is on in waiting rooms.

I work from home and I still don't have the TV on unless I have last nights' games going on behind me, on mute.

That's not a shot at the show -- which is the worst show in human history -- either. I'm just confused as to where this viewership comes from.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Charles played the game and was one of the best power forwards in history in his prime. He's earned the right to criticize players. He is also funny (though his rockets bias is annoying)

Stephen A is just a journalist who yells on tv. He is not funny.

19. _Numberfifty

_Numberfifty Member

Over here in the Netherlands, we don't really receive ESPN or TNT.

So pretty much all the basketball news and stories that make it over here are internet
    outtakes and podcasts.

That's why I would like you to correct me if I am wrong.
    But eventhough SAS appears to be this angry, screaming, little man.
    He does seems like the total embodiment of ESPN.

The other day, I was watching something called SN [sports nation?]
    and It was pretty much two angry guys yelling ignorate stuff at each other as well.
    Only this show was guided by some blond woman, who appeared rather close minded.

Also I watched something called His and Hers? Now this upsetted me even more...
    For it would seem that these two were a married couple behind the scenes taking their
    lovers coral to work with them every day. Either resulting in not agreeing with one
    another in siding against each other or totally agreeing with each other and siding against
    whatever player, team or organization their topic was about.

Then I stumbled across something called SC [sports centre?], where I heard a woman say
    that and I quote "did not pick Kevin Durant because he had no heart". That's pretty
    far-fetched of a reason. I could understand that you would not have Kevin Durant in your
    top 5 as of this moment in time. BUT at least have a reason to do so...

Then last but not least I ran into something called Mike & Mike.
    Which actually [to me] seemed to have the highest value of entertainment, but as I
    Continued watching. I wasn't really sure what they were upset about except that the Old
    one seemed to be looking for outrageous thing to say and the young one was looking for
    ways to describe how outrageous he was being?

So in conclusion, it would appear that ESPN consists of alot of very angry people shouting things...

HOWEVER!

As with everything in life, there is always an exception to the rule to be found.

And as fate would have it I stumbled across Grantland, which I am not sure of is actually
    part of ESPN? But I found that between hollering out random quotes. Jalen Rose has really
    become quite the analyst. You guys might blast me for this but I think he has a great
    chemistry with Jacoby and the items he did with Bill Simmons [who they fired?] were
    pretty insightful as well.

Furthermore I ran across a show that had TMAC. Now this really had an ESPN format,
    namingly a shouting man on the otherside that isnt willing to listen to what everyone else
    is saying. But Tracy has really surprised me of how deep his basketball IQ runs and how
    professional a analyst he is. Because quite frankly when I read that he was signing with
    ESPN I automatically asumed the worst. Due to the fact that to me he was kind of a let
    down, those times he was on TNT [either Open Court or Inside the NBA].

Also I'd like to compliment ESPN on having Chris Boussard I think he's a great reporter...

Now It's not that, think these people are bad people.
    I just think they're to stubborn, cocky and ignorant to make a show rivaling TNT.

Which makes TNT the channel for me. [even though we dont receive that over here]

20. _Numberfifty

_Numberfifty Member

Over here in the Netherlands, we don't really receive ESPN or TNT.

So pretty much all the basketball news and stories that make it over here are internet
    outtakes and podcasts.

That's why I would like you to correct me if I am wrong.
    But eventhough SAS appears to be this angry, screaming, little man.
    He does seems like the total embodiment of ESPN.

The other day, I was watching something called SN [sports nation?]
    and It was pretty much two angry guys yelling ignorate stuff at each other as well.
    Only this show was guided by some blond woman, who appeared rather close minded.

Also I watched something called His and Hers? Now this upsetted me even more...
    For it would seem that these two were a married couple behind the scenes taking their
    lovers coral to work with them every day. Either resulting in not agreeing with one
    another in siding against each other or totally agreeing with each other and siding against
    whatever player, team or organization their topic was about.

Then I stumbled across something called SC [sports centre?], where I heard a woman say
    that and I quote "did not pick Kevin Durant because he had no heart". That's pretty
    far-fetched of a reason. I could understand that you would not have Kevin Durant in your
    top 5 as of this moment in time. BUT at least have a reason to do so...

Then last but not least I ran into something called Mike & Mike.
    Which actually [to me] seemed to have the highest value of entertainment, but as I
    Continued watching. I wasn't really sure what they were upset about except that the Old
    one seemed to be looking for outrageous thing to say and the young one was looking for
    ways to describe how outrageous he was being?

So in conclusion, it would appear that ESPN consists of alot of very angry people shouting things...

HOWEVER!

As with everything in life, there is always an exception to the rule to be found.

And as fate would have it I stumbled across Grantland, which I am not sure of is actually
    part of ESPN? But I found that between hollering out random quotes. Jalen Rose has really
    become quite the analyst. You guys might blast me for this but I think he has a great
    chemistry with Jacoby and the items he did with Bill Simmons [who they fired?] were
    pretty insightful as well.

Furthermore I ran across a show that had TMAC. Now this really had an ESPN format,
    namingly a shouting man on the otherside that isnt willing to listen to what everyone else
    is saying. But Tracy has really surprised me of how deep his basketball IQ runs and how
    professional a analyst he is. Because quite frankly when I read that he was signing with
    ESPN I automatically asumed the worst. Due to the fact that to me he was kind of a let
    down, those times he was on TNT [either Open Court or Inside the NBA].

Also I'd like to compliment ESPN on having Chris Boussard I think he's a great reporter...

Now It's not that, think these people are bad people.
    I just think they're to stubborn, cocky and ignorant to make a show rivaling TNT.

Which makes TNT the channel for me.
    [even though we dont receive that over here]