1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sports News] GQ's The 25 Biggest Sleazebags in Sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Sep 9, 2014.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Thought the Hangout would be more appropriate as the article encompasses all sports on and off the field.

My personal gripe: Man U great Ryan Giggs carried on an affair with his brothers wife for eight years as well as an affair with Imogen Thomas but Luis Suarez makes the list for doing what is common practice among lineman in the NFL.

#1 percicles, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

As scummy as Donald Sterling is, Aaron Hernandez has to be #1. Murder is much worse than racism

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I felt like they left out people they use in the magazine, like Tiger Woods. I forgot who else. But I thought it was a fairly big omission.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah that seems odd to have the alleged murderer of 3 people as less scummy than a racist.

Also - didn't know about Tiki. Geez.

#4 Haymitch, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Any "Sleazebag" list without Karl Malone is not a list. :eek:

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

No middle school is safe when the Mailman comes into town.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm really not sure why Karl Malone isn't more exposed as being the scumbag that he is. It should be public knowledge.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I cannot understand Hernandez though . . . .
    sorry . . . i get millions . .. ALL GANG RELATED ***** IS OVER!!
    Chuck he old friends a million dollars TO STAY AWAY!!

Rocket River

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

22. Richie Incognito
    There is the kind of cunning sleaze perpetrated by the likes of Donald Sterling, and then there is Incognito, whose sleaze arises from a lack of brain power. He's just a rolling mass of grunts and farts and "F#G!" You can see the little hamster wheel in Incognito's brain slowly spinning when you examine some of the text messages he sent to his bullying victim, Jonathan Martin: "I'm sorry I have puss swinging from my nuts... I want to get pusss but not drink... Wordddddd..."

19. Alex Rodriguez
    Said to have a painting of himself as a centaur hanging inside his home. And that's the most endearing fact about him.

20. Dan Snyder
    Not enough has been made of the way Snyder was able to make his fortune prior to buying the Washington Redskins and turning them into para-schizo loony bin of fired coaches and tone-deaf press releases. Snyder is the rare self-made billionaire. Alas, one of the ways Snyder Communications made him that fortune was by forging customers' signatures and switching their phone service without their consent. His company was fined $3.1 million for this, or about one-tenth of what he wastes on the average free agent.

21. Jameis Winston
    The Florida State Heisman Trophy winner was never charged for allegedly raping a fellow student, despite incriminating evidence and her continued insistence that he did. What's nice is that Winston had an entire infrastructure of school offcials, coaches, lawyers, and deranged FSU fanboys all shielding him from having to answer questions about it. An ESPN sideline reporter tried once after a game, and Winston's lawyer demanded a public apology, presumably in the form of stolen crab legs. (Google "Jameis Winston stolen crab legs" for further merriment.)

17. Jay Mariotti**
    The former syndicated columnist and Around the Horn HOT TAKE provider was booted from ESPN after pleading no contest to stalking his girlfriend and ripping out her hair. Then he wormed his way back into ESPN's good graces with a dose of dumb luck: a day after he witnessed an ESPN bigwig stumbling and haplessly hitting on women at a Beverly Hills bar (check out the camera phone video right here), Mariotti contacted his former boss at the network to "make a point," and to assure him that while he had "no interest in going public with the story," "double standards should not exist." And here's the kicker: It sorta worked! As Mariotti explained it in a column that mentioned the incident, the ESPN boss "thanked me for the 'constructive' criticism, had me write one piece for ESPN.com and paid me."

8. Dana White
    Turns out underpaying your UFC employees, bullying rivals, and generally impersonating Don King as a bald white guy doesn't do wonders for your charisma!

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

LOL at Sterling being over Hernandez. Racism is now worse than murder.

So now in the public view it is worse to tell your girlfriend in private not not associate with someone that it would be if you just drove that guy to a deserted lot and shot them.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

26. Tony Stewart

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I really don't think he should be on the list. Murder should get it's own list as it operates on a plane far greater the 'sleazbag.' In which case numero uno on that list would be Ray Carruth, then The Juice and then Hernandez.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, to me cold blooded murder is more like evil than sleazey.

14. VanityHalfBlack

GQ trying to be cute? Hernandez should be in his own category, lol.

15. Buck Turgidson

FIFA has allowed Qatar to kill a couple of thousand migrant workers. I think that trumps everyone else combined.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

derek jeter herpes tree?

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Oj Simpson, Ray Lewis, Kobe Bryant, this list is incomplete at best.