1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I guess “me” means CP.

Like I said, I loved his time here and he and tucker instilled that grit and fire in our Rockets like we haven’t seen in a long time. But, perhaps because of lingering injury issues last year, CP didn’t have his pop like he did in the playoffs the previous year. If he did, the Rockets probably would’ve been champs.

That’s my 2 cents based on what I saw last year. Like most fans here, I watched every minute of every game last year. If you disagree, ok.

vlaurelio, Mr. Dominant and D-rock like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup I do. no, the rockets werent going to be champs with that sad supporting cast. But you believe what you want to believe

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Sure and you can do the same.

4. Section123row16seat1

Looking back it’s so embarrassing how high I had my hopes with such a non existent bench

D-rock and BeBreezy like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I feel betrayed by CP3 right now. This MF should have been this healthy last year.

Stormy1234, Mr. Dominant and D-rock like this.
  6. Section123row16seat1

Looking back it’s so embarrassing how high I had my hopes with such a non existent bench

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this in alot of ways. I blame management for not putting a better team out there even with Chris Paul's extension. They honestly believe they were 1 Hamstring away with that roster yet decided to go cheap by getting Melo and Ennis? Ennis? Really Ennis? Were they planning on winning it all and then disassembling the team too? I mean what the hell?

Mr. Dominant, SC1211, Nook and 2 others like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

The main reason they "didnt have enough" is cuz Cp3 made 40m and only contributed 17 pts a night. Still had Melo, Tucker, EG, Capela, Nene. Midseason added Faried and Rivers so no, the Rox had quite a bit of talent. "Rox had no help" then is such a dumb narrative compare talent on the team now vs last year minus WB, Harden and Cp3 it is virtually similar we got a mix of vets and rookie deals apart from EG, Tucker and Capela/Covington.

The NBA salary cap is around 130M when you make 40M or around 30% of that you need to produce a lot of the raw stats needed by your team every game. Cp3 was extremely efficient but his 17 ppg is lousy production given the salary he is making you need 100 pts a night 30 comes from Harden who is makes 30%, 17 comes from Cp3 who makes 30% so now 53 pts need to come from rest of the team who all make only 30% of the capspace the rest of the team actually had to be more efficient than their superstars just reach 100 pts. What actually happened is Harden started scoring almost 40 a night to pick up the slack and while that worked in the regular season, he got tired in the playoffs.

Now we have WB who is worth paying the max, for the same salary he gives you 2x the production Cp3 does. Cp3 is still slightly more efficient but the sheer raw production makes WB a hige upgrade.

vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

and tbh the rockets were so thin, even ennis could have been helpful in that series vs GS. that offseason was just mind boggling. instead of building upon what they had, they took like a ton of steps backwards and spent the entire year trying to make up for it.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We did add Melo....

11. magichat281

magichat281 Member

He shouldnt have been talking all that **** to harden. Hes a cocky mf. Ever since his days in new orleans his attitude is horrible to fans.

12. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

He got replaced a better, more dominant player.

It's okay CP, it happens.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

CP didn't spurn the Rockets, he got traded, so we shouldn't need jilted ex-girlfriend type posts around here. Morey assured him he'd be retained, Tilman has since indicated that he forced the trade at the last minute, so those facts are established. Everyone seemed fine on team Lebron at the all-star game. Move on.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

It wasn’t management... it was ownership.

Morey wanted to ADD to that team. Ownership felt the team could lose anyone as long as the stars were present.

lilbird20 likes this.
  15. GottaHaveHeart

He ate his way out! Dude looked BIG and hamstring always looked tight. Good to see he made some changes this yr but we couldn’t take a chance with his injuries, age, and that horrid contract for level of play we were getting in yr 2

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I would argue that CP3 taking most of the year off (even after returning from his injury) killed our chances by screwing up our seeding and ruining any shot at home court against the Warriors in whatever round we would have met them. Everyone here seems to forget that Paul played like a zombie most of the year. He was obviously unhappy, and while MDA could have maybe done a better job of keeping everyone happy and on the same page, CP3 is a veteran player who also could have made it work. Harden may not be blameless, but he balled his all off all year, which is more than you can say for CP3.

I wasn't thrilled to see him go this summer, but I was resigned. I certainly didn't want to sit through another year of watching him half-ass it on the court because he wasn't crazy about the ISO-heavy offense. That offense was working pretty well for a while and if CP3 had put more effort into doing his part, no telling how the season would have ended.

17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I feel betrayed by CP3s hamstrings

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

CP has betrayed us by ****ing up his hamstring during a series where we were about to beat arguably the best team in NBA history and go on to the finals... so yeah, I enjoyed your time here CP, but **** off, you broke my heart with that hamstring!

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If Harden had made a ****ing shot in that game, it would have been a blowout win and CP wouldn’t even have to play till crunch time. It’s on Harden.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It's disappointing and unprofessional if Morey told CP3 he wasn't going to be traded. CP3 as a professional basketball player and president of the players union should realize that the possibility exist for a player averaging 17 pts and doesn't get along with the superstar of the team and your making $35 mln plus per season. CP3 should've realized he was a prime candidate...