1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, who will our next coach be?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 12, 2020.

?

Who's the next head coach

1. O'Brien isn't going anywhere.

53 vote(s)
    74.6%
  2. Riley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mcdaniels

8 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Bienemy

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Dabol

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Saleh

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Leftwich

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Look I’m not sure if the league hasn’t already moved on from the recent trend of reaching for young air raid college style coaches given the coaching hires so far this offseason and given the success of old-fashioned rushing this season by several contenders, but I feel the Texans need to go that way, at least at OC, to attempt to maximize Watson’s skill set. It might require offering the head coaching position to get the deal done with the right coach, however. Lincoln Riley has seemed to be the #1 target for the past year, but I’ve got to believe seeing five NFL franchises hire someone else this offseason means he’s decided to stay in college. Dabo? Guess we all need to be rooting for Clemson tomorrow night, but something tells me Dabo isn’t leaving his Peacock Throne at Clemson for the Houston Texans job. So who am I not thinking of?

Blatz likes this.
  2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Are we going to have to go through a Redskins level of fan abandonment before wholesale changes are made? They sucked for years, but over the last 5, the fans have abandoned ship in person and on tv, and get many fans from other teams at their stadium. That's what it took to get an owner's friend fired. It seems like O'Brien has the favor a friendship relationship.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol he’s not going to fire himself

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Anyone would be better

5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

BoB's not going anywhere after Watson pledged his loyalty to him: https://abc13.com/5844617/

From the link:

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

YES