1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets target Kaman to be Dwight's backup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Chris Kaman is frustrated with his role on the Lakers, and has been out of Dantoni's rotation.

"Never did I think I would come here and not play, otherwise I probably wouldn't have come," Kaman said. "I had a bunch of other options, but I saw opportunity here."

(full article - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10147111/chris-kaman-los-angeles-lakers-role-not-imagined}

Kaman is as good as you can get for a backup Center. He's only making I believe 3 million.

What do you guys think? Only problem is I think the Lakers asking price would be ridiculous.

2. pass_to_Hakeem

NO!!!!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is there any Lakers big happy?

Not Dwight last year
    Not Gasol last year or this year
    Not Kaman

Jordan Hill? :)

4. HowardNDaPaint

HowardNDaPaint New Member

Kaman is done

5. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

There's weed and hookers in LA, so I'm sure Jordan is content.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

some of you guys really refuse to use threads that are already intended for posts like these.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

How could I forget the great Robert Sacre?

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jordan Hill and Patrick Patterson are two names to keep in mind later on down the season.

Both teams (Toronto & LAL) will not resign these two guys and if they don't have a larger deal around the trade deadline to use them in, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are dumped for next to nothing if not waived.

-Jordan fits in very well as a backup to Dwight on the glass & can play the 5 in this offense. However him and McHale have a history and even though he was never called out for being a clown McHale did call out that team he was on for being a "Clown Squad". However, I'm sure he's matured quite a bit after a few more years in the league, hopefully has learned a few things, and he has improved quite a bit over the past few years.

-Patterson is a good fit next to Dwight, but the only thing I worry about is the rebounding. However his team defense and spacing is very good, and he could come at a bargain as well.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that gif and youtube video topped it all

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.