1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sheridan] Dwight Howard Unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Dec 15, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. cebu

cebu Member

Let him go, let him go..

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Yes to both trades

4. basketballholic

Good night.

Miami will have much more cap space to offer Hassan a deal than the MLE.

C'mon man. Wake up. They'll re-sign Wade to a deal around $20 million and they'll either re-sign Whiteside or use the cap space to get another really good player. Maybe Noah.

5. TheGoldenGreek

If what I read is true, I like it.

That said, I take this info with a grain of salt the size of the 610 loop. I'm officially in wait-and-see mode!

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah James is the biggest reason...

As a star goes so goes the team.....

James effort on defense..
    his hero type of basketball..
    his work effort...

The same as Dantley and other so called superstars...

First McHale and next is Howard... So how many more body bags do you need before you start to see the real issue..

You can praise Harden and be his biggest supporter, but right now I don't see his attitude or effort changing anytime soon..

So I stick by my words... Harden will be the down fall of this franchise...

T_Man

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But why would miami want howard?
    Wade and howard would have been great like 4 years ago

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well the only reason one would dislike Morey is because of his system he is trying to implement. With that said i fully trust him in moving players in and out. If Dwight is gone (which prob would benefit us at this point) i have no doubt we will get a better fit piece in return.

About Dwight i almost feel like Morey tells JB "hey for giggles, call some post ups for Howard just so that he can see how NOT worth the max he is"

9. TheGoldenGreek

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Heat?src=hash">#Heat</a> fans and skeptics: Whiteside is a goner. No way around it. So do u lose him for nothing? Or get best replacement u can keep? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/logic?src=hash">#logic</a></p>&mdash; Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/676865211551232000">December 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

am i the only one feeling happy that he might be leaving?

11. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If Howard didn't beast in the playoffs, I'd be ok with it. But he just outclassed Chandler and D.Jordan in April. That wasn't that long ago. Dwight is not a 12 / 12 guy in the playoffs. He's a 20 / 14 guy.

1 person likes this.
  12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami gets him

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Howard as top guy on any team is LOLworthy.

If anything his post ups SLOW down our offense. If you ask me if I would trade him for a center that knows their role on the team and embraces that the answer is yes.

He's not what he used to be. Evident by how often he is out rebounded and his poor paint protection.

14. bmd

bmd Member

Yeah, this is the only reason I don't wanna lose Dwight.

So far in the regular season, it looks like he's not even trying out there.

But when the playoffs come around, he can still beast.

The thing is... why is Dwight mailing it in during the regular season?

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The Rockets’ are outscoring opponents by 10.2 points per 100 possessions with Capela and Howard on the floor, the best net rating of the team’s 50 most-used tandems and one of only a dozen positive ratings in the group."

i want us to stay the same

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Winner Winner. People hear the name Dwight Howard and associate that with Orlando Dwight. Hes gone and is never coming back. Hes an average C now

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Would trading Howard entice Durant to come here? Because if that's a yes, then I'm all for it.

18. CertifiedTroll

If Dwert were unhappy, he would frown more. Moar. Morey. Git er done.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I find it really hard to believe Howard would demand a trade right before he expires after he has already made a huge mess out of his career with leaving Orlando, then the Lakers because of Kobe, now the the Rockets because of Harden? The guys reputation would get roasted again, his best move if he does want to leave would be for him to sign somewhere else in the off season as quietly and drama free as he can, and even then he still will get a lot of mess from leaving.

Personally, I wouldn't mind trading him for Whiteside at all if he does loose his mind and demand a trade. I know Whiteside is not as good as Howard, and won't turn up like Howard in the playoffs, but the man is 4 years younger with much less milage, and is still one of the better bigs in the league with elite shot blocking and great rebounding. That prolongs out championship window with Harden that much longer. A longer championship window can be the difference from a championship with Harden or no championship for years and years.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you're a journalist, and you post an article with a trade checker screenshot....