1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay Jamaica

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROCKSS, May 3, 2016.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Looking to go on Vacation for my Bday in July and have always wanted to go to Jamaica. I was looking at All Inclusive resorts and the Secrets Wild Orchid looks very nice and was wondering if anyone has stayed there or has any other resorts they recommend. Just looking to go down and relax on the beach for 5 nights. Any suggestions are appreciated

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

Did you check tripadvisor?

3. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I am going July 15-19 and staying in Ocho Rios at the Jewel Dunn Resort. It's further from the airport and more private and near all the water falls and the jungle.

4. ROCKSS

I did and some people rave about it and some not so much :) but I noticed that on just about every resort

5. ROCKSS

That looks like a nice place!! I am hoping to leave on July 17th.....let us know how you like it

6. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Just be careful with Zika

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm planning a trip to the Caribbean or Mexico in October, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Doubt it'll be Jamaica, bit I've been on a cruise, before - didn't Dunn's River Falls and river tubing. It was pretty fun.

Jamaica has some amazing scenery (reminds me of Roatan), and the people seem very friendly.

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

What I do is I look at all the 1-2 star reviews and if most of them are situational or picky/spoiled traveller, i would go for it.

Last time I went to Mexico, the hotel I stayed was perfect but there are some bad reviews that drag the ratings down. Comments like ' I give this hotel 1 star because it rained all week but the hotel was nice' or 'one of the maids didn't say Hi'

9. ROCKSS

Excellent Idea, Thanks!

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is the correct way to TripAdvisor.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stay in Negril instead

12. Buck Turgidson

Clothing optional?