1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screaming A Smith And Max Kellerman Debate Whether Rockets As The Biggest Wild Card In The West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Feb 18, 2020.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Like other posters said Toronto is the real wild card, Siakam had ascended into superstardom and Marc Gasol is doing what he does. Together they form a very lethal front court that I'm sure no teams wants to face including the Rox cuz Siakam is agile enough to chase RoCo and Tucker at the perimeter. They have a shot of upsetting Bucks when they meet in the ECF.

Rockets arent a wild card they are a 2nd tier contender team in the league alongside Clippers and behind Bucks and Lakers. Clippers dealing with health issues and Rox dealing with unknowns regarding their midget ball philosophy and 2 MVPs who havent won anything in the playoffs. There arent any "wild cards" in the West imo, the only teams making it to the finals are either LAL, Clippers or Rox other teams have 0 chance.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look at YouTube
    Kids playing fortnite have millions of followers

humanity needs content and drama

All of you say you want Stephen A and Max and TNT to say nice things about the Rockets

but you don’t

cause nice things don’t cause discussion or reaction

Stephen A knows that
    That’s why he’s rich

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are getting A list celebrities on your show
    It’s not the Tonight show

BigShasta, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t get why these dumb analysts keep saying that there’s better teams in the west than the rockets? I don’t see it and a lot of fans here on this board might ageee. All of the west teams are highly overrated especially the clippers whom we have beaten twice this year. Why are the clippers team rated so high even with the inconsistency and bench issues and I don’t consider lou or harrel bench guys since they play starter minutes but if you look at that team they are inconsistent in shooting, Overrated defense and lack of depth and the pieces just don’t match in my opinion. seems like a lot of these teams are better on paper than their actual play. The rockets at a lot of games they should’ve won this year (warriors, Kings, OKC etc) and if you look at it this way we should be right up there and even better than the second seed team right now if we took care of business. The west is wide open as even the lakers have shown vulnerability. The media is quite annoying in their lack of analysis and instead they gravitate to big names and records instead of actual play. In the same token with Covington everyone is saying the rockets “have shooters now” when that wasn’t the case before the trade. Silly ass media.

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

The rockets haven’t shown much yet but their new style has people intrigued. People want to watch our games. That’s great! I’m so sick of the constant hate

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Utah is equalivent to JVG Rockets. Every year they think it's their year and then they get stomped by their rivals. Probably in first round too.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Theking

Theking Member

How else does Santa deliver my presents then?

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Look guys, these shows aren't for us. They're for your uncle who flips on ESPN while eating breakfast and reading the paper. They're for your cousin who watches highlights on the way home from work. They're for people who think that the "hard cap" is the team hat a rookie gets when he's drafted. If you care enough to be on a team bbs then you should be above watching any of this casual bullshit.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'Ben Affleck, you are so smart, shut up.'

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The Jazz are a good team, but not great. I would love getting Utah in first or second round.
    I agree. I'm guilty of being addicted to seeing or reading about how the national media views our team. It's an unhealthy addiction that goes back to the 90's.

I am proud to say that I have gone 2 whole days without watching one single minute of any of these shows. I'm taking it one day at a time.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i miss watching sports center highlights by stuart scott.

D-rock likes this.
  13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I think Utah is great but I just can’t buy in when you’re relying on Mitchell and Conley. Maybe Mitchell makes the leap but I think his lack of size hurts him in the playoffs against legit playoff defenses. Conley has been good before but he seems to have declined this year (I had him in my fantasy team for a while..oof). Clarkson has been great off the bench but he’s inconsistent.

In sum, can’t see it happening!

D-rock likes this.