1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook strained right quadriceps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Karma a b**** eh tillman, CP3 knocking out Harden and the rockets in the first round. Cant wait.

2. gogispade

gogispade Member

I truly am afraid of that

3. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Despite the loss today I think we can handle OKC with Gordon and Rivers. Just need Gordon to step up and he will, I have faith.

juanm34 likes this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think Rivers can replace some of the offensive elements of Russ and upgrade the defense. Hope its not bad. Sit him first 2 Games and that should buy him almost 2 weeks.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He played 38 mpg that year. The year before he played...38 mpg. Laker fans always need someone to blame who is not a recognized Laker.

Anyway here's what actually happened during that stretch. Kobe, Laker Legend, refused to come out of games. Dantony, the 3rd coach that season for the Lakers, wasn't able to stop him, because Kobe was Kobe and Mike was of Anthony

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...tretch-leading-kobe-bryant-achilles-tear-2013

• Others feared too. "We gotta protect him!" Dwight Howard would plead to Lakers coaches, and the coaches tried. "You've got to come out," head coach Mike D'Antoni would beg his star at the end of every first quarter, but the star's response was always the same: "I'll tell you when I need to come out."
    • "I'm not disputing it at all," D'Antoni says today. "I knew it was an abnormal thing, what he was doing. We talked about it. We talked about it every game."

But Bryant didn't budge.

"There was no talking him out of it," D'Antoni says. "I think even at one point, I talked to [Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak] about it. I said, 'Mitch, he can't continue to do this. He's got to come out of the games.' There was no denying him from doing what he wanted to do. We tried. He told me on different occasions, 'Mike, I'll tell you when I'm tired, and I'll tell you when I need to come out.'

"So be it. I didn't think we should get into a wrestling match right there in front of 19,000 people, and that's what it would've taken to get him out of the game, and he just wouldn't come out. It was unbelievable.

"Obviously, it's not ideal, and you don't want that, and you wouldn't play players like that, but again, there was no denying him from doing that. He even said, hey, if other coach didn't take him out, he's not letting me take him out. It is what it is."

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

So during the long break what was going on with PJ's hand then...

Rocket River likes this.
  8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has zero authority.

It's his lame duck season, he can literally do whatever he wants.

#109 daywalker02, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

1-1 series at best.

11. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Man, we never can seem to field a squad fully any year after 95. Beginning to believe in the Olajuwon curse.

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the 38mpg stat is typical of you to spit out, being how disingenuous it is. it got up to that number only b/c d'antoni was running rapist 45min avg for the month of the achilles tear. jackson had rapist playing 34min a nite the last 2 months he was coaching him. funny how he was able to pull rapist off the court like that!

but aside from all this, WTF are you even doing here? after b****ing at everyone about the pending catastrophe at The Bubble? GTFO w/ all that egg on your ugly face. you don't deserve to post in this forum lol

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I guess Dumbtoni could always use a traditional
    lineup and play Chandler. Will catch the opposing team off guard...........

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well we will see.

Rocket River

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@The Cat on Twitter seems to be optimistic that Russ will be ready to go for game 1 of the playoffs

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

And Russ is a fast healer based on his history. Then again, Russ is on the wrong side of 30. I’m going to mentally prepare myself for some missed games in the playoffs.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Stating facts about 2013 when Kobe refused to come out of games.

WTf are you doing here, arguing the case of Laker kobe stans?

20. amaru

amaru Member

Harden wanted Russ and CP3.

Nook and DreamShook like this.