1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russ has been bad - but he also hasn't been given a chance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by foggy94, Dec 4, 2019.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The cotton shot!

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All net!

[​IMG]

harold bingo likes this.
  3. smp

smp Member

If you, jordnnnn, and YOLO are right about MDA not being able to coach one of his primary players because it's not "high school or college" then you might as well stop watching this season right now and come back next year. At that point MDA will be gone and maybe the next man up will get his shot at it.

But I still think coach can work this out. He's a better coach than we are seeing right now. MDA will get through to Westbrook. Westbrook will start making some shots and become much more efficient. EG will come back and take a lot of the shots and minutes away from him too.

We will be competing for the WCF.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

why would I do that? I watch the rockets because I'm a fan of the team not of some player. If said player(s) are exactly helping the team, I'm going to let you know about it whoever it is. I've mentioned since the beginning how bad Thabo is, not just westbrick

I expected this fit to not go well. I'm going to suddenly stop watching bc of something I saw happening? nah. there isn't a coach on the planet that's going to change who westbrick is and that wasn't going to be any different here. I'm actually dreading seeing harden having to work as hard as he's ever had this year. it's ridiculous. its 20 games into the year and this guy has had to essentially average 40 and be nothing less than a great game for the rockets to win. All while see constant doubles and dramatic defensive schemes more than ever.

#164 YOLO, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Actually, the only thing ridiculous here is you. As bad as his shooting has been, Russ has found a way to materially contribute to a 14-7 record. In fact, why don't you find a way to ask Harden whether Russ's presence on the team this year makes his life easier or harder? Go ahead, I will wait for Harden's response instead of speculations from a certified Westbrook hater typing chit from a basement computer.

You sound like a whiny old hag, b**** this, b**** that... Lol

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah actually its arms chairs like you who make games threads what 4 games into a season and act like that's reality. then get all salty cause that same energy isn't there and how your thread was just dumb af. don't worry though. we have the next 4 years to let you know how idiotic it was

I'm @Hakeemtheking I believe guys like @Clutch owe cf's an apology.

[​IMG]

7. amaru

amaru Member

Like many of us, MDA has been spoiled and takes Harden’s greatness for granted.

8. amaru

amaru Member

The sad truth is that our championship window all but closed after we gave a max contract to an undersized, 34 year old pg coming off yet another hamstring rupture. Championship level teams don’t do that.
    Russ is far from ideal but he was the only all star level player we were gonna get for Paul’s contract (well maybe they could have gotten the ghost of John Wall or the corpse of Gordon Hayward but you get the gist of what I’m saying )

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Never gave this guy a chance post-GSWw/Durant era