1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Amare going to Bulls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tsquare, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why wouldn't Amare excercise his one year player option in 2010? It gets him $17+ million in salary for the next year...and if the first part of the above quote is accurate, he ain't getting that on the open market.

that said, adding another year of Amare at that salary might not be a plus if he is truly likely to have further knee problems and a bad attitude...

but if those are true, might make it hard for any serious contender to pull the trigger, especially if giving up real talent (LA, Bayless) in return.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For Amare, it's all about total, long-term guaranteed money, not one year at $17 million. In 2010, there will be a mountain of cap money cleared off as a boatload of teams bet the farm on that magical summer. It only takes 2 or 3 of them to want Amare after Lebron/Wade/Bosh/etc make their decisions. The only way to show him his "proper respect" is by offering the max at the very beginning. I guarantee you that will happen. But most teams still know Amare isn't worth a max contract, especially considering the injury risk.

My guess is whoever he gets traded to before the deadline will sign him for $100+ million, assuming he doesn't go down to injury next season.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Now this alleged discussion is dead because the Blazers are looking for an "elite PG". I betcha this Amare discussion was one phone call lasting less an 5 minutes. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Suns leaked it to drive up Amare's value.

4. worzel gummidge

the clippers can sell out tickets with a losing record can the suns?

5. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Supposedly a deal has been reached on Amare going to the Bulls, details will be coming in the morning hours. I find it odd however that Porter is getting fired and Amare is getting traded all at the same time. I really only saw one or the other happening. Guess we'll all know more in the morning/afternoon.

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

If this is true the baby bulls have just become legit contenders in the East..

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Source/link?

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well Bulls fans has been complaining about not having a big man inside. They got one now.

I assume Tyrus Thomas was given up in the deal if the rumor is true.