1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White would have been our Draymond Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 9, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

minor correction. It was an unstoppable Lob Pass to a weakside Dwight. In the Dallas series, it wasn't a Dwight PnR that you are remembering. It was a Josh Smith PnR with a guard to make Dirk Nowitzki play defense. Josh would then get by Dirk and Dwight's man would have to commit. What you remember is the Josh lob pass to Dwight on the weakside.

We even did this without Josh using a PnR. We'd just get him the ball with Dirk on him and force Dwight's man to help.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's kind of odd that we even still remember Crazy Pills at all. He was a sub-D league quality player who was a total basket case. He's best forgotten entirely.

3. Nero

Nero Member

People always remember when they have been ripped off by a scam artist.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

;)

I will raise my glass to that. Dude was special and started fights down in the Dleague.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Sorry to bump this thread, but I had a question:

Assuming Royce White put in the effort to be a good player, what was going to happen with his traveling situation? Was he really going to take that bus everywhere (which isn't feasible) or would they have tried to make him fly?

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Probably fly except when the distance was short (Dallas, NO, SA).

Although really, I don't know if that would have been workable long term. Who knows what they thought would happen.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Royce White, Arnett Moultrie, Pierre Jackson, Ognjen Kuzmić are among the free agents working out for New York Knicks today, per sources.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/740517600631783425">June 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dude, it was a lot more than a fear of planes.

That guy was a manipulative megalomaniac.

He consistently went back on his word and tried to use his (minimal) leverage with the media to slander the team that was trying to help him.

He was trying to crusade for a warped version of a good cause, not making an honest attempt to be good at his trade, or even to be a role model.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Must have been a long drive to NY

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

If Royce White would have been our Draymond Green he would be our Draymond Green.

11. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I wonder if he even bothered to get in shape...

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This is one of the worst threads ever made on this board.

13. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

My blood boil every time I come across his name, what a waste of a life.

14. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He was instead our "Royce White" and that simply equates to a wasted draft pick!

15. dragician

dragician Member

this is what Royce sees whenever he dunks the basketball...

[​IMG]

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not sure why everyone is dismissing the thought of this. Maybe OP should've said "Could've" instead of "Would've".

Royce White definitively could've created matchup nightmares similar to what Green does for GS. His versatility was the reason that Morey took a chance on him. I'm not sure that Royce White could've ever been the defensive player that Green is, but his ceiling on the offensive end could've come close to that of Green. But obviously, and for a variety of different reasons, things didn't play out that way.

With that said, Royce White has not, does not, and never will realistically matter as far Houston Rockets basketball goes. So ultimately... Yeah, it's moot. But still a viable sports topic convo for this forum. It's not likely there's any game action or hot rumors in Rockets land at the moment.

Edit: Also, I didn't realize that this is a super old thread... So there's that too.

#76 HR Dept, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The biggest shocker to me about Royce White, in his post-Rox days that is, is that he and the Mayor didn't hook-up last year when Hoiberg got the Bulls gig. That spoke volumes to me about where RW is or isn't.

I agree w/the OP that Royce coulda been our DGreen; and so could Josh. What has happened to Josh. I mean, really.

18. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Royce White didn't make it because his game couldn't cut it. Nothing to do with his fear
    Of flying. He wasn't focused at all.

19. pippsux

pippsux Member

Trevor Arias was supposed to be our new Tmac

20. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I completely agree. He is a moron that happens to have a mental illness. The real issue isn't his anxiety (it could reasonably be accommodated) it was his idiocy. He could have done SO much to help others with mental illness and to get more NBA teams to take a chance on players with disabilities, and he's probably set the issue back a decade.