1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

It's true, tough time to be not performing well

2. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

But I think it's more than just performance - he's probably dealt with the up and down for as long as he is in the NBA. I'll hold my speculations until I have a better sense of why.

3. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Maybe God's racist.

Holy ****...

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We get that, but I don't get why Lin, or Asik are benched in the final minutes. Your best players are your starters, right. If they aren't your best, why bench them in the final minutes.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I will tell you that McHale is an opportunist. He is trying to win by riding the hot hands. However, there's big problems coming with that. Just like trading in the stock markets, you can't trade by riding the up-and-downs. You gotta have some principles which in this case is to believe that your best players are going to give you the best outcome most of the nights.

Some have figured out that Lin has to earn his minutes. Very true. So does PB, Harden, Parsons, and Asik. Harden, Lin, Parsons, and Asik give you the best results most of the night so you start them and close game with them. PB may be able to give you some surprise out of bench but his overall quality is behind Lin most times, so PB should be a backup. Similarly, I'm perfectly fine with Harden and Parsons play extended minutes even if they are not performing that well in a slump, because they most times are better players. Lin should get his benefit of doubt here too.

That's why you can close your game occasionally with backups but NBA coaches don't do it often, unless you have a great 6th man like Menu or Harden back in OKC days -- which the Rockets don't have.

Another reason you don't close game with backups often is that starters are human not robots. So I see Lin not happy with the situation as natural and the way McHale handling the rotation as shortsighted.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol a Rockets twitter thread turns into a Lin thread.

7. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Not a Lin thread until we get a smartass comment about Lin getting attention.

8. ennuibaby

ennuibaby Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>feels good to be back in Cali! Also checkout my new blog on my website... <a href="http://t.co/q8uwazmm0B" title="http://bit.ly/XWp4oh">bit.ly/XWp4oh</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/319257203339063296">April 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The blog entry is pretty entertaining, he describes some of his teammates at the end of the post:

9. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

I would have never guessed Asik eats the most lol good stuff Lin

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lin is playing the piano? Bad sign. Royce White plays the piano.

11. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

He ended his blog......

And I want to leave you guys with a verse that I have been meditating on this month.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

12. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Best dressed - Francisco Garcia.

That's a little unexpected.

13. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Thanks to Lin, I finally know who has the longest beard on the Rockets!

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL you can tell that he is proud that he dunked on somebody.

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Yeah. From what I see in the post game interviews, he does not have style. I would give it to Harden.

16. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Pau Gasol, Grant Hill, David Robinson, Greg Oden, Kobe Bryant, Drew Gooden...

17. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You mean James "I like to dress like Don Johnson in Miami Vice" Harden?

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I agree.

19. Exel

Exel Member

If you read the next category, you'll see why he complimented Garcia.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Longest Beard: James Harden

Uses the most hair product: Chandler Parsons

:laugh: