1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You can not be thrown in jail or attacked because of what you say here. The NBA is a franchise, and a business that also has the freedom to hire and fire whoever they want, for whatever reason.

That has nothing to do with political freedom. That is an absolute promise here, no lines attached.

D-rock likes this.
  2. bmd

bmd Member

Right wing people absolutely support Hong Kong. I don’t know why you think they don’t.

Right wing people do not like China and they love freedom. Why would you think they wouldn’t support Hong Kong?

3. bmd

bmd Member

It’s not controversial to us. It’s controversial to the Chinese. And the Chinese make up a big chunk of the worldwide fan base.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is not entirely true.

Senator Mitch McConnell’ wife is Elaine Chau, there is proof that her family has deep ties with the Chinese government while they have major interests in many Chinese business.

McConnell is very soft on the Chinese government so far in most human rights issue and also the trade war, but Ricky Rubio is one of the most hated US senators by the Chinese government.

Nook likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

All those guys who want Morey fired just need to F off.

I do not give a rat's ass about your political party, ethnicity, nationality, sexuality or any other -ity.

Nook likes this.
  6. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

In China, You won't be thrown into jail because of what you say either. If you post on social media, what you post will get deleted and that's it. The internet is censored, but government won't put you in jail just because you post anything online. If you publicly advocate for treason, you'll be attacked verbally by others online, but I don't think there is any difference in the US.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly is a tough guy .... towards the people he holds power over. Typical bully.

His tweet was tone deaf and full of chest puffing cowardice.

8. bmd

bmd Member

Ok, 95% of Republicans don’t like the Chinese government. And I would bet even people like Mitch McConnell don’t like the Chinese government, but they are a big player on the world stage and they’ll still do business with them.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Please provide your explanation for the mass minority arrests in Xingjiang.

I seriously would like to know how you rationalize this.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

No, they absolutely put people in jail for differing political opinions. You just aren’t aware of it because they also censor all information you are receiving. I feel bad for you, but nobody can force you to accept the truth. Only you can do that.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All he is saying is the probability going to jail increases if you are born into a family of politicians.

Then you voice your opinion, you go directly to imprisonment while people of lower stance just don't get the attention.

If you are a known activist, sure, your probability just went up.

It would get worrisome once they target 'normal' people with no agenda or no clear political opinion.

12. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

No, ppl don't need VPN to access Clutchfans, it's not influential enough to be on the ban list, but I get what you're saying. Lot's of rich people and officials have their children come to the US to study because in terms of education, US is still far superior than China. Most of them have no interest in getting citizenship in the US(most immigrants from China to US are from bottom class, as they can make much more money for doing low-skill labor).

I disagree with a lot of things China's government does, like internet censorship, limit access to outside world, give too many privileges to the minority, etc. But when it comes to maintaining the national unity of my home country, I absolutely stand with China's government as every rational Chinese will do.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I probably know who you're referring to, but they get into the jail not just for different political opinions. China doesn't allow anyone besides CCP members to be political leader, anyone who gets influential in altering ppl's political view will get attention from the CCP, but it doesn't necessarily mean imprisonment. I know quite a few public figures who kept speaking against the government, they get removed from their government related jobs and what they say are censored now. But none of them gets into jail. If a celebrity says something politically incorrect publicly in the US, I doubt his/her career will be completely unaffected.

My view is certainly biased because of the information I receive. Same thing for you though. I don't feel bad for you, whether you know the truth or not doesn't matter to me, you're a complete stranger online.

#5073 James.B.H, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    daywalker02 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are strangers and we root for one thing the Rockets...... I think Morey would be in the hot seat if he fails in the Playoffs rather than for this.

This should stay sports related.

D-rock and James.B.H like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Because the right wing do a lot of evil stuff in this country to line their pockets with money or to hold onto power. Anything good they support I think they have an ulterior motive. It is what it is. It's just my opinion

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

G A R M
    A
    R
    M

@Clutch, DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!

17. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I don't quite follow any political news. It might be sad to say, but personally I care more about the Houston Rockets than most of the political news. If Morey didn't post this tweet, I didn't even really read what happened in Hong Kong. So I am not the best person to explain this to you, but at least you can get what a normal Chinese think regarding this matter.

First, I must say the western media cleverly invented the news titles to deceive their readers. "Minority", "Muslim" can immediately catch the eyes of western readers, because race/religion discrimination has long been a serious issue in the US or other western countries. But Chinese people, especially Han, don't have these concepts. We may treat or view people differently because of nationality, but certainly not race or religion. That's because unlike the western countries, who are built initially on plundering less developed areas, getting black slaves, invading other countries, we have long been a united country with lots of different ethnic groups. Our modern country was built after defeating foreign invaders uniting every ethnic group we have. After the establishment of the new country, minorities even get lots of privileges over Han. For example, in Colleges Muslims can have restaurants that non-Muslim students can't enter; people who aren't Han gets 20 extra points in the college entrance exam(the most important exam for every common Chinese), etc. So I don't believe any Chinese will be discriminated by the government or people just because of their ethnic group or religion.

After reading this article: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...hought-detain-million-muslim-uighurs-n1062321, I don't think it really provides any strong evidence for: 1. the purpose of the arrests 2. the number of people arrested. It quotes some people from the United States, trying to shape the event in Xinjiang to be a discrimination against Muslim Uighurs. But those claims are weak without strong evidences. It's just a usual propaganda to attack China. What I can say is that, because of the terrorists(sponsored by you know who) in that area, there are some serious tensions. To maintain stability and national unity, Chinese government took some actions that might be excessive but is necessary.

18. bmd

bmd Member

Even if that were true, do you honestly think that I’d a trait exclusive to right wing people?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There are definitely a bunch of problematic liberals, but there is a very high concentration of b****assness in the right wing.

20. Nook

Nook Member

You are absurd.