1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Myles Turner trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 28, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good thing we have our assets to acquire such an exciting and well-fitting player. Would be a real shame if we blew them on a low-IQ player who can't shoot or play defense. That would be a disaster.

Rashmon likes this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

I think Westbrook still has value in some markets. NYK maybe a good place for him to land.

#8 / Randle / Payton / Barnett

I think both sides can say they are better off after the trade. They get a superstar they can afford to pay no matter what.

Us long story short...

Rotation players —> Paul —> Westbrook —> rotation players

net loss one FRP & 2 swapping of FRP. For a better than average shot at the title while Harden was in his prime. PLUS We haven’t had a pick as high as 8 in a long time. We could move Tucker for a future pick, too. (Now is the time on him).

Payton, Barnett, Harden, Randle, Bamba —> Gordon
    (If there is any merit to House for Bamba)

-Keep Gordon his value will only increase. Keep even if it’s just an expiring contract in a few years.

-Maybe #8 works out, too.

We are in very good place if NYK were to take Westbrook on.

#82 fattz, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    treyk3 likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't see the team trading Russ or James this offseason but if I'm dealing with the Knicks any trade starts with #8 and Mitchell Robinson.

4. mightybosstone

By "Barnett," I'm assuming you mean RJ Barrett? So, in this scenario, you're suggesting they would give up the No. 3 overall pick from a year ago to take on Westbrook's remaining $130 million and win maybe 35-40 games next year. Why do they make that trade? Again, either you're seriously overvaluing Westbrook or you're undervaluing the players being sent to Houston.

I agree that some markets would make more sense for Westbrook, and New York would be one of them. But they're not going to give up one of their top picks and a huge piece of their rebuilding plan to take on a past-his-prime star on arguably the worst contract in the league. And if they did want to, they'd be total idiots.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

These are the trades in the ether that @BigBum was referencing.

I asterisked for a reason.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

76.8 percent fron the line is decent enough

saleem likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Maybe, but this seems like a fan's opinion to me.

CK Johnson likes this.
  8. saleem

Morey was all for it too.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

good coach(es), too?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Per my sources? Yes. They want a good head coach, and will conduct a thoughtful search. The situation is fluid, though.

D-rock and xiki like this.
  11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I see. Thanks verily for the insight.

saleem likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And still all for it, though he would rather have a Draymond Green style C to actually make it work, and likely some better rebounders that have multiple skills. At that point though, it would only be considered "smallball" to the casuals.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Never did like small ball also bring back Hartenstein 3 bigs are better than 2.

14. saleem

Let's hope for the best. A younger Nene at his peak would look good in that role. I don't know if he can find anyone like that to pair with Harden.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we are going to accept the fact that Russ/Harden are here to stay, I'd like to see us combine damn near everything else to acquire a legit 3rd star. If we are going to go for it, hell let's go for it.

Eric Gordon and Robert Covington get you to around 29 million next year. That is awfully close to some very interesting "stars" that could be had.

saleem likes this.
  16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yes he was talked into it by D’Antoni

saleem likes this.
  17. saleem

Morey’s knowledge of basketball is limited by his lack of playing the game. Ro-Co for Clint was successful but we need Christian Wood.
    Unfortunately, it’s going to be very hard to acquire him with the full MLE. Morey will likely try to trade Gordon with picks. Handing out picks like candy has hurt us.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Draymond Green type center is Ben Simmons with 3 point shot better than 30%.

This is why I keep advocating for Aaron Gordon.

Not quite Draymond or Simmons as playmaker but better 3ball shooter than either Draymond or Simmons.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Actually it was Morey who showed D'Antoni the analytics for going away from Clint.

Re-read Clutch's Evolution of Rocketball thread stickied at the top of GARM.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Well, Aaron would fit our usual desire to incorporate mediocre shooters who underperform in the hopes that they miraculously turn it around next to Harden. I have to admit, the strategy has worked more often than I would have predicted, with guys like Rivers, Green, House, Ben McLemore all having career resurgences. So I'm not discounting Gordon totally, but like with all of those guys, I remain skeptical.

saleem and D-rock like this.