1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Finally 100% Healthy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

yeah and 5 minutes later both Westbrook and Gordon were hit by a Mack truck crossing the street to sign an autograph for DD...

**** happens... hell we flaunted good health to the Gods playing Harden in the 4th up 23 points. Sit the man and let your boy Hartenstein jack 3’s the last 8 minutes.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

As for Russell Westbrook, I’m sure his late scratch had much more to do with attending Kobe Bryant’s memorial service than a sore thumb. I’ll be stunned if he misses Wednesday’s individual matchup with Ja Morant.

Hakeemtheking, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  3. DVauthrin

You could be right about him getting Wednesday night off, but I don’t expect him to be in and out of the lineup throughout March. The second half of the season is about getting everyone on the same page in preparation for the playoffs. Also, very few players are 100% healthy during this time of year. Considering how much time he’s already missed this season, Gordon doesn’t need many more games off. He needs to find his rhythm before the playoffs start.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

But should load manage his minutes, especially with our deeper rotation.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Believe me I want them to get on the same
    Page too and these guys need to be healthy to do so and actually be able to play. EG just isn’t. He came out of the extended AS break still hobbled. Huge red flag. For him specifically load managing him is the smart route at this point. It’s just too late in the season to expect a healthy run from him when it hasn’t been that way all year.

HP3 likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

Agreed. Gordon should average about 25-28 minutes a game, unless it’s a blowout and D’Antoni can scale his minutes back even more.

He can also sit one night of back-to-back games.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

this tread
    too late, already have the anvil on layaway ...

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

And scale minutes back when Russ plays so he is fresher on the B2B that Russ does not play.

DeBeards and DVauthrin like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh I haven’t asked so my opinion is just speculation but Westbrook has HORRIBLE hand injuries and it has really disrupted his game the last few years and early this season... so the thumb injury is likely true and scares me. He isn’t the same player when he has injured joints.

10. DVauthrin

I think load managing Gordon is smart. However, to me, that doesn’t mean missing a bunch of games in a row unless he simply isn’t in condition to play. If I were D’Antoni, Gordon would average somewhere between 25-28 minutes a game, unless it’s a blowout and his minutes can be scaled back further. He would also sit one game of back to backs.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

We’ll see how things play out with EG. All these AD type injuries he keeps picking up just brings back his glass history prior to coming here. It’s like everything is reverting back smh

12. DVauthrin

Westbrook was playing through sprained fingers earlier this season, and the injury definitely affected his shooting. I also remember him missing at least one game with a sore thumb injury designation, so I don’t doubt your statement about Westbrook having horrible hand injuries.

However, for now, I’m of the opinion that if this game was against a good team instead of the Knicks, he plays tonight. If he misses Wednesday night’s game, then I’ll start to worry.

13. DVauthrin

For the record, I’m concerned about Gordon, too. It’s not good that he left a game with a sore knee roughly two months after missing six weeks because of knee surgery. Like you said, he seems to be snake bit this season.

However, I’m going to wait for more information to come out before I panic.

14. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Eric Gordon and Paul George sitting on a tree H-U-R-T-I-N-G. Hopefully, Houston is being cautious for post season play, but Gordon is really in the running for the Mr. Glaas award.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Well that didn’t last long...Gordon is going to be injured for the rest of the year, watch!

16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Morey still have money to sign a player that MDA will use for our bench. Let rest Gordon. MDA can gives more time for new joiners to play especially for winnable matchup .

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Is Gordon missing a sky blessing?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

and being ruled out this early is never a good thing

19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Just drop by n say: you liar! I dunt trust ya any more
    [​IMG]
    lol