1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets engaged with the Grizzlies on deal involving JaMychal Green and Garrett Temple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 6, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man, you'd pay a steep price for Gallo.

1 pick to get Burks and then another pick 3 years from now to flip him for Gallo?

2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The Mem trade, potential [super competitive] Matthews buyout, and [the mysterious] House situation are pretty much the hopes I have for the Rockets roster improvement options this year. Other scenarios are probably there, but highly dependent on the chaotic level of the league.

ramotadab and BigShasta like this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Here’s my take.

Morey obvisouly has an algorithm that constantly updates our exact title odds. I bet it’s pretty shitty right now. I know people will b**** about this kind of thinking but they may have decided that they are going to try to improve this year but with an eye on next year.

Boogie fitting in like a glove this year really really killed everyone else’s title chances. But he won’t be back next year.

The veteran team we built last year left us with pretty few valuable trade assets for teams looking to the future. We just aren’t working with the same trade chips as most teams. I think expectations are a little high on what we should be getting for what we’re trying to give up.

I could be way off, but it’s an explanation I could not be mad at.

tc0330 and RayRay10 like this.
  4. justtxyank

The worst thing about the Boogie situation is that the historical narrative will be that nobody wanted him so he fell into the Warriors laps. The Pelicans offered him two deals at the end of the season, a 1 year deal and a 2 year deal that would have paid him significantly more than the Warriors offer.

Why can't these players ever just be honest.

Why not?, J Sizzle, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  5. thekad

thekad Member

You’re hilariously delusional if you believe the Rockets are dumping Knight and a first for scrubs for any other reason than to save money. But keep believing if it makes you feel better lmao

6. malakas

malakas Member

Memphis demands 2 firsts for Conley.
    If we are to wait them out, we may be waiting until next season.

7. justtxyank

It will be one of those deadline deals where Memphis doesn't get what they want elsewhere so says yes to us on that offer.

ramotadab and malakas like this.
  8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

So JaMychal Green is a scrub now?

I dont know exactly what our intentions are, I'm just pointing out the trades you have decided in your head we aren't doing because we are being cheap aren't actually legal trades under salary cap rules...which, y'know...exist. The only trade alternative you have given which works is if Memphis for some reason takes Nene/Chriss for second rounders and there's not a single offer out there, including this Charlotte trade, that doesn't top that. The other stuff you've come up with don't work, because we need Knight to salary match (which is my point).

9. TheSource

TheSource Member

How about we trade Knight + House , 2 1st rounders + fillers for Bradley Beal and call it a day

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Right now, when everyone is healthy, the best lineup the rockets can throw out there is

Paul
    Harden
    Gordon
    Tucker
    Capela

Unless Rockets can acquire a player good enough to supplant one of those guys, it's a move on the margins at best, which isn't enough. I just don't think as constructed Rockets are good enough that a few quality bench guys can be difference makers. Personally, I'd love to see a starting PF that shifts Tucker to SF and Gordon to his old bench role. It's unclear to me if Rockets brass think Tucker is still quick enough to be every night SF, but against the Warriors definitely makes sense (and in a perfect world that's who the Rockets are still trying to catch).

ramotadab likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I've lost count of how many times we've had to attach a first to dump salary. This ****ing bullshit

ramotadab likes this.
  12. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Gallinari, Mirotic, and Saric all jump out to me. Forwards that can shoot the 3 and create their own shots if needed. Saric in particular jumps out to me, as he is on a low salary and under team control for several years. His court vision would be more than welcome in our offense, which gives players the spacing needed to make the right play, shot or pass.

ramotadab and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Just waiting for SOMETHING to happen
    Time is running out

[​IMG]

ramotadab and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tucker is not a SF. He is a PF or a stretch 5.

Your point still stands though. And the bottom line is finding someone better than Eric Gordon at SF.

That said, getting *playoff bench depth* does help if it augments CP/Harden.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have been trying to dump Knight since before they traded for him.

Every proposed trade has involved multiple #1 picks.

Half the season is over, so the cost has likely gone down some, but there still hasn't been a line of teams wanting to take him on.

The Burks deal made some since, as the Cavs would be basically paying $15,000,000 for a first round draft pick. That is a little steep, but they are rebuilding and need assets.

I cannot see the Rockets getting a better deal that Green and Temple for Knight and a first rounder. I am skeptical that the deal would only include a single first rounder, we may be a second rounder or two involved. Green would fit what the Rockets want to do, and help the interior issues and limit Tucker's minutes.

mikol13, ramotadab, King1 and 5 others like this.
  16. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Tucker has a massive job of guarding the best players. Too many minutes these guys are tired and need some bodies to soak up minutes with out ******** the bed. Freeman temple burks all provide minutes

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Green and Temple were both held out of last night's game by the Grizzlies for what sounded to me like keeping the two healthy for a deal. So there could be something to this, in my opinion.

mikol13, ramotadab and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hes been quietly making the rounds lol. I have learned to not quote him or make a big showing about what he says because it seems to push him back into his reclusiveness.

Its obvious hes the most at risk for sharing and he try's very hard to remain low key so I try and help where I can by keep attention as low as possible.

Absolutely love his insight because he is money on what he says.

19. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Czechs. Most JaMychal's I know are Czech. The community I live in has a strong Czech presence so I get tired of hearing things like "Hey JaMychal put down that kolache and go clean your room!" all day. But it is what it is.

RCPM and ramotadab like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But please tell me there is also another deal to be made afterwards.