1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets #4 Seed Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 3, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Load management is fine, but to actively throw a game would be pathetic. You tell your guys to work hard and just play them if they're available. I'd love to see D'Antoni see what Luc, Carroll, Chandler and Frazier can give us, but still try to win with a combination of starters and bench. Not just throw those guys out there and see what happens.

D-rock likes this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Harden always beats Leborn. Houston can face Lakers 1st. For 1st round , I prefer Houston vs Jazz rather than OKC.
    Lakers is a weaker version of Bucks. Clippers has many shooters, I think Nuggets will not want to face it

D-rock likes this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I want to see Luc and Carrol, even Tyson Chandler.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Other than the Jazz, I did not see teams doing everything to throw games.

Denver game was close, OKC tried till the 4th quarter and the Suns are just hot, they beat some heavy hitters.

I can say with a straight face that OKC just gave in to the hot shooting Suns in the end, throwing games would suggest the Suns were playing horribly which they didn't.
    OKC also wasn't horrible.

Devin Booker wanted that game.

Well, the results are as disappointing as some performances by otherwise decent teams throughout the bubble.

GSW had like 3 freak injuries in the playoffs.

#184 daywalker02, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i'm talking about when we play the thunder...i'm assuming that's who we are going to play. it will be all mental with him.

D-rock likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

In the seeding games yes, but record previous there’s a big discrepancy in games. Not sure how this affects the standings

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We all know the Rockets aren't going to tank games. The way they see it, they are getting ready for the playoffs and are going all out. I honestly don't mind it. I don't care who we face at this point, Rockets have a serious chance of going all the way regardless of opponent. I hope Harden finally gets his championship this year, he deserves it. He has stuck with the City of Houston and never has there been a peep of him potentially leaving Houston if we don't get our **** together.

9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

poor ZDog....time to admit your team aint going nowhere...gobert is a thing of the past. good enough to get your team to the playoffs, but not going to ever get close to a championship with him being one of your top 3 players.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Standings are perfect right now. Possibly Dallas shocks LAC though obviously very very doubtful. Still they won’t be a pushover as a first round matchup. We get Fakers in round 2 and avoid Clips till the finals.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

anyone have a breakdown of scenarios for Western conference seeding? Feels like so much is still in flux with just two days left

all I know is LAL is 1 seed and DAL is 7 seed

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I tried this a few days ago and looking back, think it's a time waster, lol. If you do some work and take your mind off of it, things will become so much clearer soon.

joshuaao and amaru like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

OKC/Houston is going to be a good series. I see Roberson is back, good to see. The biggest key to this series will be keeping Westbrook on the game plan. Brodie has shown a tendency to get caught up in individual match ups at the expense of the game plan (Beverley, Rubio, Lillard)

jcmoon, D-rock, Kim and 1 other person like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

Forgot to add, I think we get OKC in 6.

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Clips are #2 with 1 win in their last 2 games or 1 Denver loss...they play each other tonight

Denver is #3 unless Clips lose 2 and they win 2...or Rockets win 2 and they lose both games

Rockets are #4 unless Nuggets lose 2 and they win 2...or OKC wins 2 and they lose both games

OKC is #5 unless HOU lose 2 and they win 2...or Utah wins last game and they lose both games

Utah is #6 unless OKC lose last 2 and they win their last game

Note: Clips will either clinch #2 seed tonight with a win or a Denver win will ensure Houston is stuck in 4/5 seed (Rockets loss to Pacers will also make that happen). OKC plays Miami tonight and will either clinch 4/5 seed matchup between them and Houston or allow the battle for the 6th seed to continue.

Play-in scenarios for 8th and 9th seeds:

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...m-as-philadelphia-indiana-vie-for-6-seed.html

The Blazers get the No. 8 seed if they win, or if Memphis, Phoenix and San Antonio all lose. They get the ninth seed if two of Phoenix, San Antonio or Memphis lose their final game. The Blazers finish their seeding games against the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday.

The Grizzlies claim the No. 8 seed if they win and Portland loses. They stay No. 9 if they win, or if Phoenix and San Antonio both lose. The Grizzlies take on the Bucks on Thursday, likely without the aforementioned Antetokounmpo.

The Suns can still snag eighth as well if they win and both Portland and Memphis lose. They can rise to No. 9 with a win and losses for both the Blazers and Grizzlies. Their final game takes place Thursday against the Dallas Mavericks.

Finally, the Spurs are No. 8 with a win and losses by the other three teams. They earn a play-in game if they win and two of the other three all lose. The Spurs play the Utah Jazz on Thursday.

joshuaao, Kim, Theking and 1 other person like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IMO the Grizzlies already lost because they had a 3.5 or somewhat games advantage.

Their solace is that they are a young team with future and they have young superstar Jamal Morant.

RayRay10 likes this.