1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Reid: Harden looks after Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, May 3, 2016.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Whether it's the cool thing to do or just taking easy shots at Harden/Howard/Ariza....I don't care. It's up to these guys that call themselves professionals to change their own narrative. Whether it's accurate or not, they've got to do something about it themselves. Personally I hope they see every single one of these media pieces and get pissed about it. If there's no accurate accountability within the organization, then what they get is inaccurate/misinformed accountability outside the organization.

If they don't think it's fair, shut up and do something about it on the court.

1 person likes this.
  2. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I get your point, and Harden is no Lebron, but damn who on this team is Harden going to trust offensively? Howard who can't score in the post? Ariza who can't create a shot for himself or consistently hit 3 pointers? D-Mo who was injured almost all season? Brewer? Beverley? Who?

Where Morey has failed is this team has no second option offensively. Morey has failed Harden, and Harden has failed Morey. IF Morey gets him a real scorer next to him and James still refuses to work with him, then at that point it's time to cut bait and get what we can for James. But I truly believe if you put Kevin Love and/or Kyrie Irving next to Harden, James is as willing a passer as King James.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sometimes, Bobby Jo, it's better to say nothing at all.

#43 Deckard, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

A leader leads by example on the court and to an extent off it. Do you think playing zero D, getting blown by, allowing the person he is primarily guarding score above their season average repeatedly, showing no focus or hustle on the defensive end is good leadership?

What is your argument regarding his total and complete lack of any defense after he got into shape? Let's not even get into the dumb turnovers and the unwanted regular season record he holds.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Zan Tabak has since transformed himself into one of the world's tallest transvestites and would like to date Harden.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

This is what I've been saying about harden for the last year - FOOL'S GOLD STAT PADDER!

Gotta love how all the Harden nuthuggers are quick to dismiss and defend... these homers are never gonna believe that they're worshipping a false god... and they think that admitting that he sucks on defense makes them objective... I swear the HOF's are worse than the LOFs!

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Anyway looks like someone is really scared of us if they need to bring out Reid to bash Harden...and who's next? Rodrick Rhodes or Von Wafer?

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I agree with the fact that some of them are the worst at commentating...

But I can guarantee you they know a helluva lot more of what goes on in that locker room then you think they do....

T_Man

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i don't understand what Reid's trying to say or implying... how's harden being selfish? Is he talking about on the court or off? Yeah I know harden takes the most shot on the team, but then again, who's our 2nd scoring option?? Have people forgotten harden also lead the team in assist??

10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Look at all the edgy hot takes in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Someone went out to get a very random player to bash on Harden. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

And I can guarantee you the average Basketball fan is not gonna know who Robert Reid is.

12. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden also came into camp with a bum ankle. How many games has Harden missed? How many times has he played when hurt?

So? That is what he is supposed to do. Did you have a problem when Kobe, Jordan, T-Mac or Rose did the same? LeBron?

This is a non-issue.

Huh? You don't want him to be competitive? Do you think that other elite players don't think they are the best? Are they satisfied with second best?

Why the hell do you care who he dates?

Because basketball now is more of a team game than ever before. The advanced statistics show very little difference between Harden this season and last season. Both defense and efficiency is closely related to team play. What is the difference this season? Many things, the biggest being the absolute defensive regression from Dwight Howard who went from a top 5 defensive player (according to advanced measures) to approximately top 180 this season.

Lets hope that the team as a whole is better. It is common to place blame on the best player on a team. When you are the face of the franchise and the franchise struggles, it is common to blame the best player. The truth is that James Harden is the least of the Rockets problems. He practices hard, he plays hurt, he plays hard. That is more than I can say about 80% of the Rockets players.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I know for a fact, that Bobby Jo Reid has been seasoning his eyeballs for years - paprika, fresh onion, chopped garlic, even a bit of cumin.

To dismiss his eyeball is in bad taste.

DD

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You mean someone who is new to rooting for the Rockets???

No better yet someone who was born after 2005...

T_Man

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

...or maybe it's not that simple. They seem to forget this is the same guy that was happy to come off the bench if that was best for the team during his OKC days. I don't think it's as simple as, Harden is just selfish and that's our problem. I think Harden has had to carry a lot more here in Houston, and may be developing some bad habits as a result.

At least...that's another reasonable explanation for the "selfish" tag.

16. kjayp

Harden will not throw a pass unless he thinks he is going to get an assist...

He will try to thread the needle to get the ball to the man at the rim (and risk a turnover) to pad his stat line rather than give the ball up and let it work around the perimeter to get to an open man or a mismatch...

If it doesn't show up on his stat line - James harden ain't doin it! James is looking out for James - period!

He won't play consistent D.
    He won't give up the ball for ball movement.
    He won't move when he doesn't have the ball.
    He won't box out.

Does anybody WATCH the freakin games - or is everybody just boxscore and highlight film watchers

1 person likes this.
  17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

No I would even go as far as saying casual rockets fans wouldn't even know who he was. Looking at most of the comments regarding this article most people are laughing at them calling him a star or asking who he is.

18. kjayp

Yep, he was so happy with his role that he worked out a reasonable contract extension to stay with OKC to try to win a championship!

Oh wait...

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, you're freakin' crazy, and just so you'll know, I watch all the games.

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The interesting quote is "But come game night, [they] have one guy holding the ball and the others are like 'Where are we going to have dinner at tonight?'".

Strange that Reid would imply that Harden's teammates aren't involved when Reid played with Hakeem who was even more of a one man show than Harden was this season.