1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A necessary move to restore some trust.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Guys

Nothing is coming of this but embarrassment for liberals.

It's just like Vince Foster

This story is a year old and the only significant news so far is the recent news about Trump and Comey

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I have no problem with this move, nor do I have a problem with a special investigation into Russia's (or whoever's) role in the DNC campaign hack.

London'sBurning likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

I am glad this has happened. I hope he includes the unmasking of names in his investigation and the Hillary email scandal as well since they have all been linked to the Russian issue. I also hope justice is served on all counts. If Trump, Hillary, or anyone in the Obama administration did something wrong they should answer for it

Yung-T, Invisible Fan and JuanValdez like this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

As a former FBI Director, Mueller is likely not happy with his agency and our country being damaged by the buffoon-in-chief. He will get to the truth.

We will probably refer to this in history as Rosentein's Revenge.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What truth do you seriously think is out there

You wanna criticize stuff like the wall and travel bans. That's totally reasonable

This Russian story is going nowhere

Trump didn't spend the time or effort or most importantly his OWN MONEY to run for president to get a break on a Russian bank loan

Everyone needs to move forward. This guy is gonna finish his term barring health issues

deadlybulb likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is precisely the reason a special counsel was appointed.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Major

Major Member

I don't think you understand what is being suggested. Trump, if he's directly in trouble, probably gets stuck in an obstruction of justice issue - like with Nixon, the issue was the coverup rather than the original crime itself. Trump associates may get sucked up into it all independently - some of them may have been involved with Russia without Trump's knowledge. And then there's just the larger issue of Trump's credibility - his constant defense of Russia and Putin, his insistence that they weren't involved, etc. The criminal part there is independent of the Trump admin, but still affects his Presidency. Impeachment is not the only relevant outcome here.

It's weird that you would be opposed to uncovering if and how Russia impacted US elections, and whether they had any influence within a Presidential campaign or administration.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This Rosenstein cat just saved the Republican party from a very grizzly death.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Obstruction of justice is exactly what Clinton was guilty of, and that wasn't enough to matter. Unless some actual proof comes out, a "he said, she said" situation isn't sufficient to even pursue impeachment. Unless something major changes this will boil down to nothing more than political theater.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I suggest you speak with John McCain, who said "I think it's reaching the point where it's of Watergate size and scale".

I guess you know more than he does.

The investigation will move forward and we'll see what turns up. I don't think you know as much as you think you do about this. Wait for the facts.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Major

Major Member

Yes, as was Nixon. This is not a one-size-fits-all thing. What is enough will depend on the specifics.

No ****. That's what the investigation is for.

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Okay Brainiac. Why don't you post the same obvious point another 80 or 90 times because nobody will get it the first 10 or 20.

KingCheetah and Yung-T like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This will lead down a myriad of rabbit holes, Trump will resign before it finalizes.

DD

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If y'all think Comey's handwritten memos gon hold up in a court of law I would suggest you change your assumption

It's his own memo

A post it note

rocketshopeful likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This story on an actual evidence front is still he said she said innuendo

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, there is precedent on handwritten memos from law enforcement - I can't believe you like Trump, a noted racist.

DD

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly people don't get it given that they are still acting like this whole thing is a big deal. Right now it's just political theater with no real evidence whatsoever.

deadlybulb likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Breitbart's headline right now-

You seriously can't make this sh#$ up. And we wonder why people come on threads like this like they are living on a different planet. Its because they are dealing with an alternate reality and are being lied to. Propaganda that has infiltrated our mainstream media is downright dangerous, and something we thought could never succeed in the age of the internet where you have a super computer in the palm of your hand at all times.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ask any lawyer. Even the word of an FBI agent is considered prosecutable evidence in the court of law. You can look that one up if you want, or just believe what you want.

The memo's are just a reference to Comey's statements. Trump was dumb enough to think that if he removed the witnesses (Session/Rodenstein) from the room that he could say whatever he wanted, but he obviously didn't know the laws as well as he should.

Of course Comey's testimony doesn't have to incriminate Trump. Comey is an attorney too, and if he believes Trumps verbiage didn't constitute as obstruction of the investigation then he could very well come out and say that no it didn't obstruct the investigation.

HOWEVER, when Trump fired Comey later on a few days later, that could be considered by the grand jury (if the prosecutor takes it that far) as the circumstance that ultimately concluded the Presidents actions as purposefully obstructing the investigation.

I hate to be the wet blanket here and not offer a hot take opinion but the reality is we just have to wait and see.

Yung-T likes this.