1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter to McHale: It looks like Jeremy Lin is not involved much in the offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 14, 2012.

1. King Boo

King Boo Member

Count me as one that would like to see Lin involved in the offense a lot more. I really don't like seeing him pass it off at the 3-pt line and then running to a corner. Did he ever get the ball back after doing that in a play? I'd call that "not being involved much in the offense." Hopefully this is just a preseason thing to take it easy on Lin and/or feature the rookies more.

I'll reserve any panicking to the regular season.

1 person likes this.
  2. pnr

pnr Member

Lin is not a good off ball player. See: golden state. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Wow nice way of hinting

"I don't know what More-ey he can do"

It's clearly a sign that he hates the trade and blames Morey for it

4. King Boo

King Boo Member

What is there to see at Golden State? He played garbage minutes there. He played off-guard in college for 4 years and had a lot of success.

5. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

how did Parker do? just seems to me the two played some defense on each other

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lol if only clyde was this candid while on-air..i feel like he's using a canned persona which makes everyoen hate him.

7. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

Anything on Kmart, why he is not playing today?

8. King Boo

King Boo Member

Parker was 1 of 5 from the field, with 3 TO's and only 1 assist, but only played 12 minutes.

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

Just resting. Wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy or Asik sat out tomorrow.

10. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

Why is that? Those kids need experience, they need to play along with each other. Don't have to be entire game, but every minute counts.

11. nbafever

nbafever Member

Lin took a ton of shots and drives against the stout Spurs defense, and tried to make plays for his teammates. And he wasn't involved? What game was that reporter watching?

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Probably didn't watch the game

saw box score Lin didn't score 20 points,

MCHALE WHY LIN NO INVOLVED IN OFFENSE?!??!?!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude he's not there to ask questions about the game, he's there to ask question about Lin.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Was this supposed to be an interpretation of a stereotypical asian accent? If it was it really bothers me when people do things like that, I find it kind of offensive.

1 person likes this.
  15. sidestep

sidestep Member

Without Martin in the game, Spurs defense can just focus on Lin as the main offensive threat. Their priority was to deny him the paint; I saw three black jerseys swarm around Lin when he drove in and got blocked. Lin seemed to be trying to get precisely what the Spurs were focused on denying. No surprise it didn't turn out well.

Something new I hadn't seen before was the effort to establish a post-up game for Asik; they were looking to feed it to him. What I remember, which is limited, of the results of Asik posting up is that he bricked one off the top of the backboard, yikes, and another time he got stripped in the post before he even got the shot off. McHale is still trying to find a way to play inside-out, but Asik is definitely still a project on that front.

With the Rox not being able to run on the Spurs (quite the other way around, unfortunately) and having no inside game, they were just throwing up perimeter shots. It was a prayer.

#35 sidestep, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  16. nbafever

nbafever Member

I want to see more fire from Jeremy Lin whether or not he's making his shots.

The way KLow would fight to make winning plays. I think that was the most disappointing (and worrying?) about his game last night. He just disappeared. I want passion, emotion, strong will.

He has to fight to establish some dominance against his opponents, or failing that, ask his coaches and teammates for advice on how to attack the opposing defense while the game is in progress.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well it's not, learn to stupid le reddit memes

[​IMG]

18. luden

luden Member

Yes, it was. That's why you put him on ignore.

19. pnr

pnr Member

This is preseason. Why risk injury? Especially since he is still coming off surgery and is evidently not back to 100%. It's worrisome that he has lost a lot of his quickness explosiveness. Hopefully he'll get that back.

20. Arthurprescott2

That's partly his fault for not moving off the ball well. No reason he should be sitting there in the corner. If he shows himself to be an effective spot-up shooter then it works to spread the floor, but right now he's not getting respected as a spot-up shooter. He needs to make cuts instead of standing around waiting for the ball.