1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Replacement Refs were fired from lingerie football league

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by underoverup, Sep 25, 2012.

1. underoverup

underoverup Member

:grin:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...erie-football-league-report-article-1.1167796

Replacement refs working in NFL were FIRED from Lingerie Football League

A handful of the scab refs who have marred the NFL season with a series of blown calls are washouts from the Lingerie Football League, the underwear league said.

The bra-and-panty league said at least one crew of refs now working NFL games couldn't hack it on their all-girl gridiron and were fired.

Deadspin first reported the league's comments early Tuesday.

"Due to several on-field occurrences of incompetent officiating, we chose to part ways with a crew which apparently is now officiating in the NFL," Lingerie League commissioner Mitch Mortaza said in a statement. "We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

"We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games," Mortaza said, referring to Monday night's debacle in Seattle.

That game ended with a last-second heave into the endzone that was clearly intercepted by the Packers - despite a blatant Seahawks foul -- but ruled a Seattle touchdown by the bumbling replacement refs.

Mortaza wouldn't say whether any of his league's ex-refs were on the field on Monday night.

The crew his league canned was based in Chicago, and called their last panty pigskin game was in January, he told the Daily News. Five or six refs were released, he said.

"It was for everything from not facing the camera when making the call to blatantly missed calls like the one last night," Mortaza explained about why the refs were sent packing.

"At our level, being in our infancy, we appreciate our credibility and the integrity of the game is on the line," he said. "If we appreciate it, I’m not sure why the NFL can’t appreciate it."

The NFL had been "exposed" by last night's blown call, Mortaza said, and needed to put real officials back on the field.

"I think the fans deserve that more than anyone," the die-hard Redskins fan fumed.

In a statement about the game on Tuesday, the NFL said replay officials were right not to overturn the touchdown call, but admitted Seattle receiver Golden Tate should have been flagged for offensive pass interference.

The horrific call had fed-up NFL fans calling for the league to throw the bums out.

One aggrieved Wisconsin State Senator even posted commissioner Roger Goodell's phone number on Twitter and urged fans to call him and complain.

Founded in 2009, the LFL features scantily-clad vixens --- they wear helmets and shoulder pads but little else --- playing 7-on-7 tackle football in small arenas around the U.S. and Canada.

Reports about LFL refs slipping into the big leagues surfaced back in August after comments by the NFL's former officiating veep.

Mike Pereira, who now works for Fox Sports, let it slip that Craig Ochoa, who worked the Hall of Fame Game between the Saints and the Cardinals, earned his stripes umping LFL squads like the Las Vegas Sin and Los Angeles Temptation.

Football fans mocked the NFL brass for hiring the LFL rejects.

"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the LFL rules to the point they call you a bust," one Deadspin commenter wrote.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Holy crap

3. underoverup

underoverup Member

i knew it was bad, but i didn't realize it was that bad. i figure they could get plenty of refs from college... apparently not.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The higher level college refs were afraid they would lose their college gigs if they jumped to the NFL and then were let go once the lockout was over. So the NFL really did have to scrape the bottom of the barrel here...

5. Raven

Raven Member

I'm starting to worry that if the Texans win the SB, the media will put an asterisk next to our Championship. This Sh## must end now!

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The official that signaled TD, has 4 years experience, none higher than division III.

I went to an FCS (I-AA) school. The officiating was nowhere near the level of Major FBS or NFL.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think this is a load of crap, if anything the best ones probably asked for better pay or didn't let catfights or celebrations go long enough.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it's harder to officiate with an erection, though

9. PhiSlammaJamma

LFL Rulebook on silumtaneous possession: Encouraged.