1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real talk - best individual and team statistical models to use when discussing roster moves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glimmertwins, Jul 8, 2019.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I realize there will be a type of person who will roll their eyes at the thread title and go all Charles Barkley up in here so let's just go ahead and say if you are that person, you are in the wrong thread. Don't clutter this thread with the debate about whether models are useful - start your own thread if you are into having that conversation because this thread aint it.

Let's keep this thread as an open discussion for those who believe the models are a useful tool (but not the 'be all end all') and let's talk about the ones we have found to be somewhat useful both for measuring past and future player performance as well as those that seem to do a good job of predicting team success. I see stats thrown around a lot when discussing various players the Rockets are rumored to be acquiring and it occurs to me that everyone has different 'go to' stats they reference to prove their point but can we somewhat agree on which stats are useful and which are just garbage?

.....and just to keep it on topic, let's discuss those in reference to current rockets or players Houston is rumored to be interested in acquiring.

xaos likes this.
  2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Real talk - I only believe in this model

[​IMG]

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The interesting thing about that equation is if you solve it the answer turns out to be BOOBS when you turn the calculator upside down.