1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raising $500m from a basement in last 2 mos and spending it all

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by heypartner, Oct 23, 2020.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How is Biden planning to spend it all? Topic of Financial Times article

[​IMG]

Nook, Invisible Fan and Amiga like this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

"Biden’s ability to raise money is remarkable, even by the standards of recent elections when candidates pulled in enormous sums. Although the campaign and the Democratic party have raised hundreds of millions of dollars from wealthy donors, the vast majority in recent weeks has come from grassroots contributors — many of whom donated to the campaign in August and September for the first time.

Of the $592.9m the Biden campaign has spent this year, almost 84 per cent has gone to paid advertising, according to an FT analysis of Federal Election Commission data. Just 0.6 per cent has gone to travel and 0.3 per cent has gone to event production.

Biden campaign officials said the cash infusion had allowed them to micro-target specific groups of voters in a way that would not have been possible without so much money. For instance,

they have bought media ads targeting Puerto Rican voters in Florida’s I-4 corridor and
    the Mexican-American community in Yuma, Arizona.​

Mr Biden and the Democrats outraised Mr Trump and the Republicans by more than $285m in August and September, and officials said this had allowed them to run ads “unchecked” by their opponents in some media markets in recent weeks.

The money has also allowed the Biden campaign to spend in Republican-leaning reach states such as Texas. Even Mr Biden’s supporters admit he has little chance of carrying Texas, but spending there could help Democrats in the state more broadly while also forcing Mr Trump to play defence. ,,,"​

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did it not occur to them to just offer that money to Trump to step down? Throw in a pardon. Game over, right?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If Donny went "full sleaze", he'd outraise, no run laps around Slow Joe. You better believe it! :rolleyes:

Can't manage campaign finances, and still boasting on how "brilliantly" he juiced the stock markets economy by backloading government spending onto the national debt...

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

If he just called up Exxon, he could raise a billion dollars. But he doesn’t want to.

Nook likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Trump should offer to step down in exchange for the Biden campaign to book/purchase all rooms, suites, conference rooms, spas, gyms, food, catering, etc in every single Trump hotel from now unitl Election day plus a pardon.

Art of the Deal

Ziggy and DaDakota like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At first I thought this was going to be a thread about some kid creating a new app, raising a ton of VC capital.

I will say that Trump is right. He is an incredible fundraiser..
    for the Democrats

vlaurelio and Xerobull like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

$10 kids meal from Rainforest Cafe.......

vlaurelio and IBTL like this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tell me where you can get better jumbo fried amoeba.

Nowhere, that's where!

Nook likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I think that is "illegal". LOL.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

come on, it's 2020

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Trump took that deal and handed the presidency to Biden, Trumpers would still find a way to rationalize it -- "yeah, he left us in the dust, but that's just because he's such a great negotiator. Made more money than he's ever seen in his life and was able to commit crimes from the Oval Office for years with no consequences. I just never even realized his 8-D chess would leave me holding the bag, but that just goes to show what a genius he is."

Ziggy likes this.
  15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Beto and Castro are imploring him to spend money in Texas. If he's got this much I don't know why he's only committed to about 6 million here. That's really just a drop in a bucket considering the size of the prize.