1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racism has cost Black Americans $70 Trillion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

It's not a race thing, it's a community thing. When a community is toxic or has toxic narratives, it yields bad results. It's not rocket science, Candace Owens isn't someone brilliant or enlightened, but she's brave enough to keep it real with blatant issues that for some reason Rayray , jiggyfly, elpigto etc. are too scared to deal with. Now the community demonizes her and pretends she doesn't get it because they can't call her a white supremist. It has to do with toxic thinking, not their race. You talk about education, but if that education is toxic, there's no point. And that's why we see illegals outworking and outearning legal AA's.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually the eightes happened to black people. In the eighties we celebrated like we made it.

We are the ones moving backwards,including rhetoric about ra2

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are kicking the can down the road. Culture doesn't magically form. For me personally I believe culture is merely a group of humans who share the same socioeconomic conditions expressing their responses to those conditions.

To you how did this "culture" you speak of form?

CometsWin likes this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

Yeah, some can blame crack epidemic all you want, but no one forced it down AA. Millions of other poor from other communities chose to forego drugs to better their lives and childrens so why should they be punished? And when you do make lots of money, why would you appropriate white colonial culture like Tyler Perry did? It's a divided, hypocritical and confused front all trying to hide behind this false notion that they can't do anything because of everyone else but them.

5. Nook

Nook Member

It is harder to be black in America (and most of the world).

There are expectations (few positive) of black people in America that have an impact in how black people are treated and what is expected of them.

It is be subtle and not intentional, but it influences close to everything... from education, to relationships, to job performance, to experience with medical treatment and family interactions.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't blame successful blacks who have chosen to move out previous neighborhoods and to force them to stay would essentially be to resegregate. Following what Rochester wrote it sounds like this is an issue and from what I've seen from studying the history of American cities this seems to be the case. Obviously there was a flight of not just black capital from the 60's to the 90's otherwise we wouldn't have the term "white flight" but it does seem to have hit black neighborhoods very hard.

The challenge that I see it has been how do reinvest back into neighborhoods like the Third Ward so they can develop. This is also hard considering while gentrification is bringing capital back into cities and building new mixed use neighborhoods it's pricing long term residents out. So you have a situation where there are people whose families were too poor to leave urban neighborhoods back when more successful people were moving to the suburbs but now find they cant afford to stay as money is coming back in.

Gentrification while technically not racial in practice does have a racial element as the majority of those moving back into cities are white while those who have been stuck there have been black. It's been further complicated by immigrant groups who also moved into cities before gentrification and have been in conflict with long standing black residents.

I don't know the stats on what percentage of black Americans are middle class are better and I don't know how many of them live in suburbs or other places. I know there are a lot like my business partner's family who's father moved from inner city Detroit in the 60's to suburban Minnesota largely to get away from what he saw as a declining city. My business partner although he is half black grew up in suburbia with attitudes that looked down upon the inner city. To his family Minneapolis was considered a crime ridden ghetto growing up that they didn't want to spend much time in.

Rochester's solution sounds like people like my business partner's family should be investing back into black communities in Minneapolis and also into black business. Rather than spending most of their money in the suburbs they should be finding ways to do it in the city. Further they should be banking with black owned banks that will likely not have the same built in biases when it comes to lending to black owned businesses.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Celebrating in the eighties ilike we made it we made it was also a problem

We're to caught up in America's materialism. We judge our well being in dollars
    I don't give a **** what this dude is number is. He just wasted time. Are we gonna get it back?

START LOOKING FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS

#147 pgabriel, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    ROXRAN likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We love dollars claiming Christianity the most and hate America the most

We're lost

9. fchowd0311

Did you just take some adderall?

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do disagree but can't challenge it? Then just stfu

That's a waste of everyone's precious God given time.

11. fchowd0311

I'm going to be honest. I don't know what to disagree to with your last couple of posts. I just don't understand them.

pgabriel likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We dont give a **** about black men like we claim so we ignore black
    everyday murder because it doesn't fit the agenda

So i don't listen to educated negros about ****

No credibility. Momma there goes that word again

JumpMan likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

North Forest. I.S.D.

No credibility. So forth and so on

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Whites 70% of the population, Blacks 13% of the population. Blacks 6 times more likely to be stop by cops. The problem is the system AND cops.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

70 trillion is such a inconceivable number that it's either liberal catnip or con poison.

We can't even recycle/reduce trash or manage our hot air emissions because it's "expensive" (in the billions) and "hard".

Should take a better look into how generous or thorough Americans really are...

Death by snu snu?

RayRay10 and Space Ghost like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I started from the bottom. I know multiple individuals that started from the bottom. A small percentage of them made it, but large percentage haven't made it and are struggling financially. Granted, my data is anecdotal, but when looking at the grand scheme of things, we tend to have similar issues. We obviously don't have years of oppression and slavery to look back on, but we certainly grew up in poor neighborhoods, with shitty schools and working class parents with no connections to middle class society.

I worked very hard, and despite my background, I've made a good living for myself thus far (I'm in my early 30s). My mom and dad were both imprisoned. My mom for 5 years and my dad for 22 years. My mom was deported by immigration multiple times. I was raised by my grandma; I was very close to being thrown to a foster home before I was 2 years old. My uncle worked a minimum wage job that paid him $3.25. Personally, I had a sink or swim mentality because I felt the cards were stacked against me.

I was blessed that my grandma took me to church and that I truly learned to fear God and it made me stay away from potential bad friendships (funny enough, I don't even believe in a god anymore). Thankfully through my school years, I did have good friendships and we all helped each other. We never drank, did drugs, etc etc at an early age. Hell, I didn't drink my first beer until I was 22 years old, my senior year of college.

My point is, not everyone is blessed like I was. Some happen to have a sister or brother that's a bad influence or they have a few friends that lead them in a dark path. Some kids are physically abused. Others are bullied. Others are sexually assaulted. Many kids don't go to schools with the resources to diagnose them with OCD, dyslexia, etc. Others have parents with severe, non-diagnosed mental issues (my mom fell under this category which caused her to do some very bad things). The issue isn't black and white. It isn't a ****ing victim mentality. It's just the ****ing reality of growing up in a lower income community where everybody is equally lacking education, financial resources, etc. You sprinkle in the whole bullshit of systemic racism, heightened police presence with individuals that abuse their power, etc and then you can see the whole picture of why individuals have such an immense amount of obstacles that wealthier folks do not have.

African Americans have the worse since they were purposely put down for centuries. It's not easy to come out of that and it certainly isn't easy when the system is designed to **** over those individuals.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

More stupid slogans, ignoring facts and data.

Tell you what, go play a game of Monopoly with someone. Give them ten times the money you have and then every 2nd time you try to buy a property just decline it and roll again then every time you pass go get half the money and every time you go to jail stay in there twice as long. Tell me how quick you lose that game and think of all the dumb slogans you like to use.

#157 CometsWin, Sep 15, 2020
    subtomic, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I aint playeing a a game against anybody homeboy. You dont ****in listen. Im happy. Im black loud mouth. Ill tell you how i feel about personal intteraction with law enforcement for instance. Dont tell me what ypu think i should feel because of what you saw on Lawrence O'Donnell's show. Ive been involved in more than traffic stops. I have no complaints

Such an arrogant liberal. You are more arrogant than most. My favorite is when you presume to school me on black history

Im black
    I grew up around poor now dead from crack selling kids

My grandfathers would be 110 and 120

Ill teach you about black history. Stfu and listen

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

An idiot.

Also, I'm pretty sure Candice Owens doesn't think black people are dumber because they are black, like you do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I haven't read this entire thread .... only up to your initial post and then your response to my quote.

And you think any of this passes constitutional muster when you are basing this off of race and race alone - particularly the "equal protection act" of the 14th amendment ?

You'd be excluding hispanics and whites in similar (economic) circumstances ?

Sorry , I can't back that idea. It is discriminatory from the outset and exactly the wrong we are attempting to right .... and that just aint right.

Now if you want to make those things available to people of all races , creeds & colors .... in similar economic situations , I'm down like Charlie Brown.

#160 Corrosion, Sep 15, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.