1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Putin addresses American people in NY Times -- he pimp slaps and humiliates Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Israel and Netanyahu say they support obama on this. Bigtexxx, Netanyahu's biggest **** sucker claiming he is an ally of America.... Now siding with Putin over him? How low has this unpatriotic racist fallen?

5. Raven

Raven Member

If Romney were President, we'd already be blowing up Syrian civilians.

Thank God that Obama won and Romney lost.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Albert Brooks is a brilliant satirist whose parents emigrated from Russia.
    His first novel, "2030: The Real Story of What Happens to America" is available in stores now.

You spelled privileged wrong.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"baaaaaaaah"

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As far as I'm concerned, this type of thinking became null and void more than 8 years ago during the Bush administration.

What's amusing is how hard Obama's supporters are trying to rebuild it.

Bush's administration was a paradigm shift. The President is no longer synonymous with America. America is the people.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>After being briefed on US-Russia deal, Obama is golfing with Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon, hosts of ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption."</p>&mdash; Matt Viser (@mviser) <a href="https://twitter.com/mviser/status/378915671226478592" data-datetime="2013-09-14T16:18:30+00:00">September 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Commodore, (oh I mean random tweet guy that you quoted with none of your own thoughts or content whatsoever), what would y'all have the POTUS do with his Saturday late morning? Would a couple of hours on an exercise bike and reading a book be okay? Should he get back on the phone with Putin and reiterate what has been iterated? Also, are you interested in what the house speaker is doing today? Or... Rand Paul? (probably having another tarot reading actually.)

Wait, I have this idea... no matter what B.H. Obama did... no matter what he does... you and random tweet guy will see it in a negative light and post about it. This makes... whatever you say... simultaneously predictable and irrelevant. :( It's like when a fire alarm has that low-battery beep once every three minutes.

Maybe we should change your battery? :)

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This whole thing has been embarrassing.

No one should care what Putin thinks.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

When I used to live in California and had to drive through SF to get to work, every day I'd see this crazy guy bellowing at the top of his lungs about something. The first few times I noticed, then after a week or two I simply would shake my head and feel embarrassed and sorry for the guy, then a few weeks longer I wasn't even noticing him.

That's the same thing here with the daily anti-Obama postings...

14. Commodore

One problem with the presidency is how the office has taken on the air of nobility. This did not start with Obama but he has taken it to another level. No POTUS has enjoyed the trappings of office or inserted himself so ubiquitously into the popular culture as Obama (Kennedy perhaps).

The POTUS is a public servant, our employee. He is not nobility. Were I POTUS, I would make it a point to eschew any activity that hinted at royalty or privilege.

Why is Obama always golfing with celebrities, athletes, and CEOs, rather than say, soldiers and teachers?

The thing is though, this actually helps Obama politically. His ability to endear himself to low information voter conduits like the PTI hosts insulates him from normal voter scrutiny.

90% of Obama voters couldn't tell you a thing about Syria, but many of them know and enjoy PTI and like the fact that Obama hangs out with those guys.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The tweet is an argument. Why do you care where the argument comes from unless you intend to shoot the messenger? An argument has merit based on the argument alone. Who says it is irrelevant.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bubba, aka First Black President?

Connies loathed him too.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... so you are not criticizing the President for playing golf, but for who he is playing golf with? That he isn't strolling onto the local public 9-hole and playing with Joe Public?

Seriously?

The well of ideas must have run dry a long time ago...

18. Commodore

We see here how the idea of presidential nobility has become accepted by the general public. It's just expected that a POTUS would use the privilege of the office to hang out with whatever celebrity he feels like meeting.

That we scoff at the notion of the POTUS spending time with Joe Public (you know, the person he's supposed to be working for) reflects poorly on the country.

"Are you serious? You expect Obama to spend time with an average citizen rather than TV personalities? That's beneath him!"

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Golfing with soldiers/teachers (or in general trying to ingratiate himself with the "common folk", which he's done plenty of) wouldn't be any less politically motivated, IMO.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually the trappings of nobility started with George Washington. A history professor told me of a story about Washington, Jefferson, and I think Franklin, or maybe Adams. Anyway Washington had become President, and wanted a certain amount of majesty around it. He had the presidential carriage, and the seal, and all of this type stuff.

Well the Adams/Franklin founding father made a bet with Jefferson that he couldn't go up and touch Washington with George Washington being okay with it. Jefferson said that was nonsense that he Washington had been friends for years, and he would have no problem doing that.

Jefferson walked up and patted Washington in familiar friendly way on the shoulder. Washington simply looked at him coldly, and Jefferson removed his hand, and he paid the bet he lost. Washington then wouldn't speak to Jefferson for weeks or maybe even months because he dared to touch the President so familiarly.

To put it in prospective, Washington's behavior wasn't anywhere near as rigid as the royalty they were all familiar with and where their sense of what a leader was came from. But Washington did insist on a great deal of respect nobility for the office.

Obama has done nothing even close to that, so it isn't even close.