1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Protesters @ Texas A&M

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Depressio, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

So, Obama is visiting Texas A&M at George Bush Sr.'s invitation to nationally recognize the school for community service and encourage it further...

... and not far behind, are these folks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this similar to protesting Obama telling children education is important? If he's there on a non-political agenda, should protesters respect that? Personally, I think it's ridiculous.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

These are not GOOD AGS!

Rocket River

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It looks like a pretty weak protest.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Dare I say folks like Beck and Limbaugh do more harm than good??

WTF folks, he is recognizing a school for community service(which I can't possibly understand why it would be a bad thing) and yet we have protest?

Big picture folks. You may have a legit beef with one, some, or all of his political ideals and programs, but continuing to pursue those beefs in the wrong arena kills your credibility. It masks whatever your real message is with another message which is simply "Obama is bad." And to be honest, he hasnt done anything to come close to that blanket statement.

Thats all I get out of this protest. Anyone else getting something different?

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Stupid post

Obama by definition is a very political figure, don't you think?

All those years of protesting Bush, and now you liberals suddenly think its "ridiculous" to protest when Obama shows up at Texas A&M. Do you know what the word "hypocrite" means?

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What else you gonna do in College Station? Heck, if they have cold beer, I'd probably hold a weird-ass sign with them (at least until my tabs hit, at which point I would crawl away with my i-pod and stare me up some leaves and branches.)

7. PointForward

PointForward Member

I knew some ****wads would embarrass us on national TV, it only seems normal..

Screw these idiots, screw them, screw every single one of them. That's why our University will never reach its full potential, that's why we'll always be made fun of. It's because of these idiots. and what's sickening is that people who hold those ridiculous views seem to be the majority. So as much as I hate to say it, Rocket River is right on point with his ridicule of the "bad aggies" excuse. It really sucks that such an awesome place is tarnished by those idiots "practicing their first amendment".

and texxx, Bush started 2 unnecessary wars, one of which was illegal and unconstitutional, he neglected a city during a natural disaster, and he caused the biggest financial crisis since the great depression. So he deserved the protests, even though it's worth mentioning that you would never see left wingers protesting when the event is clearly not political. But the Glenn Beck worshippers don't give a damn what he's talking about, they just want "their country" back.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Good thing Obama has quickly ended those two wars, huh? Oops, errr....nevermind

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Yes, because wars can be quickly ended, economies can be recovered immediately, and the healthcare system can be fixed quickly.

10. Fatty FatBastard

Caused? Oh really.

Go read up on those Taibbi articles and get back to us, champ. ;)

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with bigtexxx here. The president is always a political figure and there were plenty of protests that followed GW Bush on what was otherwise innocuous trips.

12. PointForward

PointForward Member

[​IMG]

money spent on Iraq + Afghanistan = 2172 billion (ie: 2.17 trillion)
    current deficit= 2 trillion

we would have a surplus right now had it not been for the 2 unnecessary wars started by your hero.

What sucks is those idiotic "protesters" resort to ad hominem signs and chants (he's hitler!) instead of actually protesting something specific. I don't believe this event (community service program) should draw protesters, but if they really want to protest, why not hold up a "bring our troops home" sign? "stop the wars" sign? "give us affordable healthcare!" signs?

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

For the most part I don't see traditional students in that group. I see old people.

I like the angry mob sign. They look neither angry nor mobbish.

14. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Not to mention that they look a little old to be in college. :)

15. surrender

surrender Member

I was at the speech today (Bush School, whoop!), and it was a fantastic event. Our guests were treated very well, and I was glad to see 41, Gates and Obama receive rapturous applause from the crowd. Aggieland should be proud.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tranfer students?
    :p

Honestly - I guess I will chalk these people up with the Mother that hung out in Crawford Texas.

Something we will have to deal with for the next 8 years

Rocket River

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Come now, Refman, are you saying that there should be an age limit on college students, or that people get too old to learn, or that people of age aren't permitted to protest? What?

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

hmm I think the "save the oilers" rally drew more peeps that this..

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except the poster that has every major Dem figure of the past 20 years. seems like these guys are not protesting Obama, but half of the nation.

Was the Bush protest a bit extreme - absolutely. But it started after that crazy Iraq war. The protests hear are against a president from the day he took office, to protest for the sake of protesting.

That's fine. But these people are just plain arse stupid. You should at least recognize that.

20. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Nah...

I am merely pointing out that the protesters pictured are likely not A&M students. Therefore, it is unfair to associate the protesters with Texas A&M University. :D