1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your frustrations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

1. We start every game by pumping the ball into Dwight for a postup. Frustrates me because it slows the game down.. Even if he scores we are starting the game off SLOW.. allowing the other team to begin the game by out-pacing us which seems to last until the end of the quarter (or subs come in). When Dwight was out we didn't have this problem because we didn't have a Dwight to pump the ball into at the start of the game(but we paid later on in the game when we needed a Dwight). I'm all for a Dwight post up but please let our offense get into a healthy and fast rhythm to start the game first. I'd rather have us pass around and find a open shot and try to get Dwights first bucket off of a transition- which would be a better lead into the Dwight postup since his confidence will already be up and the game speed/flow has been set.

2. I was and still am for the J. Smith signing and even to having him start.. But WTF I wasn't planning on McHale to completely abandon the D-Mo post game. Its ridiculous and leaves me dumbfounded. D-Mo's post game has so many benefits from keeping the opposing defense honest to giving us a high percentage shot when the team goes cold (or to stretch our lead). I'm also wanting more D-MO pick and rolls because he is a great passer off that roll.

3. Canaan deserves some minutes. I KNOW Mchale loves big players but when you have a team thats playing sluggish and slow theres nothing better to ignite and fuel a faster pace then subbing in a small quicker player. You don't have to play him all quarter (or even a very long stretch) but if our team can't get into a fast paced rhythm and your team is ice cold you have to go to Canaan who has shown can be an offensive spark.

wanted to add.. Brewer was brought in so that we could ease Ariza's minutes.. yet Ariza is still pushing 40 a game. Brewer has only taken PAPA's minutes and PAPA has been relegated to no minutes. WTFFFFF Ariza should have less minutes so he can be useful in playoffs- brewers minutes should expand but McHale needs to ease Ariza's minutes by giving some to PAPA

I can go on and on but since this thread wasn't necessary and hardly anyone will read I'll stop- though I encourage you to post your own frustrations (frustrations that are not clutchfans or thread starting related)

#1 Realjad, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Morey promise Smith a starting job.

3. sew

sew Member

Dwight plays with zero effort sometimes.

It is annoying.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trade for Dragic

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dwight Post ups

Beverly mindless dribbling

Coddling Smith's ego

not running with the guys that brought you back in.

Not running plays.

6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Smith starting at the expense of D-Mo.

Canaan disappearing from the face of the Earth.

No more post ups from D-Mo. You'd think he'd get a few more opportunities with the second unit but nope.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Starting Back court sucked in back to back games.. they are playing selfish.

8. haydenfisher342

dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble turnover

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

beverley being the point guard of this team

Ariza in 09 "creating" mode

People mindlessly complaining about Joey Dorsey when he is giving us a solid 8 mins a game

Josh Smith taking away Papa's minutes

Our ball movement sucking

Lack of D-Mo post ups
    Dwight post ups

1 person likes this.
  10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

We just added 2 new players to a rotation of 9 guys. The team needs some time to gel and figure it out. In the end, we will still reap the benefits of this huge addition. Regardless of what some fans may seem to think about Smith's game... The guy can play and his contribution to the team in the playoffs should prove to be outstanding.

Let the team gel. Give it time. If the season ended today... we would still be the 4th seed in the west... against the Mavs.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

biggest thing for me is a lack of ball movement.

the rockets have no ability to create easy buckets.

if the shots aren't falling, you need to pass pass pass!

mchale's offense is essentially 1 vs 1.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I told everyone explicitly when they were mindlessly harping how D-Mo would get more post ups with the second unit that he would absolutely not. No one cares to look for D-Mo except James Harden because for some damn reason he's the only one who realizes it's an easy two points.

Ariza and Bev legit see him posting up deep with his man sealed and then willingly ignore him.

Second unit is all about getting out in transition and shooting 3's. They're not worried about half court sets. It's not the style.

1 person likes this.
  13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We are ****ty fans that don't understand that teams lose and that this team is still on track to have a 58+ win season. Including myself. That's frustrating.

1 person likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

General ignorance and incompetence from all parties.

Lack of rewarding to those who deserve it.

Nepotism and Favoritism

****ING TURNOVERS ( basically a factor of all 3 )

15. rockets13champs

Even papanikalau barely plays now

16. WestendMassive

I'm frustrated that I can't get one of those chophouse cheddar burgers to take my mind off the Rockets losing because there's no Whataburger in Perth. Are those things as good as they look?

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why would he play over Brewer?

I like Papa a lot but Brewer is better right now.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

20. newAge_Rockets

Missed free throws!

1 person likes this.