1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 88, Rockets 77

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The team was constructed with the assumption that a 22 million dollar player would be available. You remove the highest earning player from any team, and it won't look like they're constructed very well. Blame the Rockets for taking the risk that Yao and Tracy would be healthy, I suppose. But Battier and Scola are very good complimentary pieces to a winning team.

2. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

but i watched video several times that RA blamed Yao in media...

3. chewy016

chewy016 Member

yeah i remember that play. it was right before the end of the third quarter and instead of tying the game going into the fourth. with 11secs left roy took it to the hole and scored. a five point swing because AB.

4. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

when last moth, i heard that coach blamed Yao for not demanding the ball, I realized this would be a serious problem for late plays and playoffs.
    i remember somebody post out a thread to question who (coach or Yao) was responsible to get Yao the balls?? my answer is coach RA has main responsibility to discipline his favors (AB and Ron) to pass ball to you. Yao also can demand the ball from those guys but what if AB and Ron just ignore it?? actually after TMAC went out, it has happened many times that AB and Ron just ignore Yao's demanding. the only guy that like to pass ball to Yao is Battier. sad!!!!!!!!!! but coach RA is just like a blindness.

5. chewy016

chewy016 Member

i don't agree with your comment at all. how can you expect someone like yao to perform when he doesn't get the ball. what if LT of the chargers was only given ten carries a game. would you expect him to make an impact on the game. it doesn't matter what sport or player, you need the ball to make a difference. turnover or not, finding a way to get yao the ball is part of our gameplan. that is what AB and artest should be focusing on not shooting. battier shouldn't be the only guy making an effort to get yao the ball.

6. Aemon

Aemon Contributing Member

Billy Simmons from ESPN page 2 had a question that a few clutchfans have been asking for a while now :
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Q: When the Rockets need a basket, why don't they pound the ball down low to Yao Ming, a great free-throw shooter who has a mismatch with whomever might be guarding him, instead of having Yao set picks 27 feet from the basket to set up unspeakably bad jumpers by Ron Artest?

A: I ... I don't know.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090429&sportCat=nba

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The general obvious answer is that he's getting fronted, double-teamed, and handled to submission (no 25K coming off my coffers)...which makes it more puzzling as to why he has to step out to set screens that take him further out of position. The guy rolls like molasses, there's no sense to it. Maybe if Artest tries setting a screen or two when Brooks has the ball, then he can roll with some power to the basket and score or get fouled. You know what, I...I don't know after all.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

A team like the Blazers needed to be closed out as soon as possible. No doubt the Rockets have been trying, but coming out flat in game five is ridiculous. They just didn't look cued into the reality that they desperately needed to finish them off. Nevertheless, now they are the ones with their backs against the wall. They either win or go back to Portland with grim prospects. I am really disappointed that we are still playing the Blazers, but, hopefully, this is the last one of this series.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

There were some good lob passes to Yao this game. And Battier is like the only guy on the team who gives the ball up right away to Yao instead of staring at him and then passing to another player. Overall the players were more patient with passing the ball into Yao and it paid off in the 4th, when the Rockets went up 68-64, then everything went straight to hell.

Brooks really needs to chill the **** out in the 4th and not give the ball up so easily. He clanked so many shots and got blocked on layups so many times it was embarassing. Also, there was one play in the 4th where Yao totally had position on his man and Brooks had the ball - instead of passing it to Yao he swung the ball and it resulted in a miss. Brooks did not play well at ALL after Rockets took the lead. Lowry was also uncharacteristically disappointing. The ****ty reffing after 68-64 also took away a lot of our momentum.

The way the team fought and kept it close for the majority of the game is a very good sign though. Every time the Blazers went up by 8 or 10 they managed to close the gap, and even took the lead in the 4th. If the team didn't play so poorly in the last half of the 4th they would've won the series 4-1 and be chilling right now.

#528 LCII, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  9. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

What a load of BS. Yao was open a couple of times without any fronting defenses and the 2 knuckleheads just keep on jacking up forced shots.

10. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

Absolutely! NBDL is more fit for him.

11. virustangyu

virustangyu Member

For god sake, Yao is a center not a PG. He can not shot as he wants like AB.

pls open your eyes !

He wanted to shot, but the first premise was that the Guard passed him the ball.
    i really hate this for blaming on him~

12. BornToWIN

BornToWIN Member

Maybe that is the only player he will blame because he knows Yao won't fight back or let the emotion affact the game. But how about AT, AD won't hit the nerve.

13. RYA408

RYA408 Member

Rockets are going to live or die with guy name MING!!!!

14. Alex1982

Alex1982 New Member

nothing to say