1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I like this deal if we can get it. First, we solve the problem of a backup center, and Yao can play much less min. Secondly, Les likes a big name player, Amare is one if he is healthy. Thirdly, just let him walk away after one year if everything is not working out (do not sign new contract too soon). Finally, we can get another PG since Clutch said that the Rockets would definitely have some kind of pick. Overall, this deal is better than one for the number 2 pick.

2. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

That would be insane! Imagine the line-up:

Lowry/Barbosa
    Artest/Jrich/Wafer?
    Battier/Artest/Jrich
    Amare/scola/hayes
    Yao/Amare/Gortat or Birdman? maybe :D

3. herro

herro Member

Yes he is wtf are you talking about he's second team all defense

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

So what's the deal?

T-Mac + Scola + Brooks of Amare? Suns get $$$$ releif and value (Scola & Brooks).

And then Landry for a top 15 pick? A point guard to develop?

Amare is a potential MVP candidate.

Yao ---- 18 pts, 10 reb,
    Amare --20 pts, 9 reb (I like Scola, but Amare is a super star)
    Battier - 8 pts, 4 reb
    Artest --16 pts, 5 reb
    Lowry ---9 pts, 6 asst?

That is looking like a sweet looking lineup.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm one of the few people who thinks Amare would be awesome, assuming his injuries won't become a significant bother. Despite his defensive reputation, or lack thereof, Amare's offense is simply AMAZING. And he'd truly make this team an offensive powerhouse that we can't even begin to imagine with our current makeup.

Amare IMO is the only player on the market who is an efficient offensive player. Someone that would really give us a lot more high percentage baskets. And prevent our offense from stagnating whenever Yao's not on the court.

6. herro

herro Member

I don't think Ron will let him come to the team and not work his ass off

if Amare works as hard as the team apart from McGrady did last season...and we can move Landry and filler to move into the draft for a combo guard or PG to groom

watch out lake show

7. krockets

krockets Member

Mark my word, if Amare become a Rockets, Yao will NOT sign with the Rockets... (Just gut feeling)

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

If I'm the Suns I want Scola instead of Landry, similar salary but has no injury problems. The Suns would love to have a PF that could play everyday after having Amare.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

why worry about what happens AFTER next year when a potential to win a championship next year can cure all wounds? if we get far and maybe even win it all and yao STILL wants to bolt, then he's done what he was brought in to do--win a championship.

10. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

We could see a lot of this next season:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0fzqPjBVFi8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0fzqPjBVFi8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

OMG!!! :eek:

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

oh this is mean...

12. Prince

Prince Member

so it's Tmac plus Brooks or Lowry for Amare.

Then we don't need Landry, we can use him for a lottery pick to get a PG.

Good deal Morey.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

We'd have the best frontcourt in the NBA, if it happens.

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Agreed. In fact, if the rockets want Amare very badly, they should directly trade Yao for him. In that way, salary are matched, and the rockets don't need to give up Brooks.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So let me get this straight: You are willing to give up our All-Star center because you want to hold onto Aaron Brooks?

16. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I can see how Adelman can use Amare as a Chris Webber type of player in his system. But I'm not ready to trade Brooks or Scola to a western conference rivial, so they can tourch the Rockets four times a year.

If they trade Brooks or Scola, we better get Barbosa and one or more future first round picks.

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

No. But, anyway Yao wouldn't resign with rockets next summer.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I would only trade Brooks and Scola if Barbosa is also included in the deal.

19. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I wonder, if I or another poster had started this thread, how badly we would get flamed.

Good thing Clutch is a moderator/founder of this site.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

If we give up Aaron Brooks we should get an All-Star powerford, a 6th man of the year, and one or two first round draft picks?

Man. Talk about overrating the heck out of a player. Aaron Brooks is talented, but he's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination.