1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

ABsolutely! :D

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks,it makes sense.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'd take Amare for sure. Amare start, Scola come off the bench and bring his energy and toughness.

Only thing, I don't want to trade Brooks. Keep Brooks, send Lowry and Cook instead.

4. mms

mms Member

If Morey can pull this off then we maybe can do Battier Rip swap.

5. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

that sounds great but I think they would want Brooks.

6. apxn82

apxn82 Member

Do it DM! Amare to the Rockets? are you kidding me? that would guarantee at least WCF.

7. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Can he co-exist with Yao? He want to be the top dog on the team, with all indication, Yao thinks he is.

Also can Rockets maintaint TWO max contract on the team?

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Forget about defense? Your vision is lacking. If they were to pull a trade like this, it would have to involve McGrady and maybe Brooks and/or Landry. Now, among those 3, who actually played ANY defense for the Rockets last year? Aside from spurts by Carl, the players we're trading away aren't exactly defensive stoppers by any means.

Amare's defense is lacking, yes, but he's not any worse than Scola or Landry in that department. His rebounding might be inconsistent but the man is a Top Level Talent.

The funny thing about the trade rumors that Morey and the Rockets have been reportedly pursuing is that, despite the fact that DARYL "I'm God to the Clutchfans BBS" MOREY is handling these trades, most of you guys are questioning the same GM that have brought you guys orgasmic transactions and draft picks such as Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Von Wafer, Kyle Lowry, and oh yes, Ron "He wouldn't fit with us!" Artest. Applauding a man's ability to find diamonds in the rough while lambasting his ability to get REAL gems is laughable.

3 people like this.
  9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

This team would be unstoppable on offense.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It’s not just about having Amare for when Yao gets hurt. It’s about preventing Yao from getting to that point. Guys, there are undoubtedly a lot of matchups where Stoudemire-Scola would make the Rockets a better team than Stoudemire-Yao. In those situations, Yao would probably play 20-25 mpg. Having the flexibility to do that without a significant dropoff in performance would be a huge weight off Rick Adelman’s shoulders, and would greatly reduce the stress on Yao’s feet.

If you have to give up Scola, I don’t think it’s worth using your big chip (Tracy’s contract). Simply put, I don’t think the upgrade from Scola to Amare is worth it, because you’d still have the same two major problems – Yao’s health, and the lack of a true perimeter creator.

But if you can acquire Amare while keeping Scola, you solve the frontcourt and Yao issues, and you still have the remainder of the offseason to work on bringing in a perimeter scorer or point guard. You’d still have the MLE as well as Landry to use in getting that done.

If you can acquire Amare while keeping Scola, I say go for it.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Amar'e is dumb. I think we need to focus on rim protection to back up Yao.

12. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

By making this trade, The Rockets solidifies its front court. Lets just hope they have plans to fill the backcourt. It would be thin and a big cause of concern.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Amare can play with a solid starting PG,not with what we have or probably with a pick from this draft. Yao will get more time to hit that jumper with Amare around,but he isn't good at it.

Amare was unhappy with Porter and started playing better with Gentry. He can help with the fronting with Yao as a trailer and hit the jumper himself when Yao is on the low block, but I don't see him being happy in Houston. Yao will need help on the boards and defensively too despite his much improved help defense, Amare probably won't be pleased with that role. He could leave in a year.He has already said that he would like to play in D'Antoni's system in NY.

#73 saleem, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  14. steddinotayto

Who would that be and how is said player available?

Look, the only time you need rim protection is when Yao is on the bench. That's it. Yao on the court has proven to be more than enough to defend the paint and that is especially true when you have two of the best defenders out on the wings in Artest and Battier.

When you have an opportunity to get a player like Amare, you better damn well do it. The last time we traded for one of Phoenix's power forwards, he got the Seattle SuperSonic monkey off of our backs. And what did we use in that trade? An athletic forward and a 2nd Round Point guard as the centerpieces of the trade.

I know we need a Deke-like player to back up Yao but that's another story for another day. You can't worry about what you're having for dessert when the main course is to be had.

15. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Noooooo!!!!!

Amare and Shaq on the court together just didn't work. I'd rather get the Diesel.

Yao + Shaq would be crazy. But I know Diesel wouldn't have the humility to be a backup.

But Shaq + Artest = hip hop madness/comedy

Might be worth it for that.

16. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i like this.

the question with amare is about attitude and effort. not talent or production.

if morey is serious about acquiring him, then you can rest assured he has done more homework on the man than any of us could possibly imagine.

17. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Yao wouldn't mind letting Amare do his thing and play second fiddle at times. Yao doesn't have a big ego and he wouldn't care as long as the team is doing better. duh!

18. Timeout

Timeout Member

Comon dude, you already know shaq dosen't want to be a bench. It just won't work with yao and shaq. :(

19. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

suns have been after brooks since he burned them last year in the regular season.

20. steddinotayto

exactly. that's why i don't get why there are posters here (new and DD-esque) that would second guess a move that's made by Saint Morey. The man does his homework before he does anything from what we can gather.

"Scola to the Rockets? Morey's a GENIUS!"

"Landry?? Who's Landry???" --22 game winning streak later -- "Landry's going to be an All Star!!!!"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you're going to praise "In Morey We Trust" when he finds good players (or CHEAP players for that matter) why can't you trust him when he's trying to deal Tracy McGrady away for a power forward who CAN STILL play at an All-Star level?