1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PG pulling a Giannis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Aug 22, 2020.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Sports media loves when anyone bashes Harden so this seems more like wishful hearing/interpretation than George criticizing Harden.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He should be criticized though.

He is half the PG13 that he was with OKC.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

From the context and tone in his voice, I think he meant “Scoring a lot of points is not my role on this team”. That Harden’s name instantly come to his mind as the kind of player who’s role is to score a ton of points isn’t all that surprising — Harden is averaging 35 a game the last few years. His name is practically synonymous with Prolific Scorer, for this era. In a different era, he may have said Kobe, or MJ, or Wilt.

Dopamine and HP3 like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

I think using the word "just" can imply that's all Harden does is score. ""I'm no James Harden. That's not my knack ... to just shoot the ball, score the ball. ". The better phrasing would be, "I'm no James Harden, I can't score like him."

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Click bait by espn. Worked though.....you had to click on the video to get the real tone of what he meant. Only to find out that’s he didn’t mean what espn was trying to spin. Well done espn, well done. You got me this time you sly b*stard.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Our James Harden won’t pay heed to this rubbish. He will continue to play on defense and offense. PG can’t even dream to make a single dime like him.

juanm34 likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Watch the video lol, absolutely no reason to feel scorned here. This is what makes a fan base whiny

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sure, but I kind of feel that’s what he meant, just judging by how he said it. Sort of caught in between — it’s not his job to be a prolific scorer, but he doesn’t want to outright say that he’s not capable of it (he’s still an all-star with an all-star ego, after all).

9. saleem

Exactly!

Mr. Space City likes this.
  10. saleem

It didn’t come out that way, with the phrase just score.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Paul George doesnt know what he's talking about. Its statistically inaccurate to make that claim so it shows his ignorance!

[​IMG]

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed. Its so tiring watching NBA fans, media and players continue to group think Hardens game as being way less than it actually is.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When I look for NHL news, you have to click a few times to find news on ESPN. ESPN the sports giant doesn't have any NHL hockey on their TV, so they rather put everyone's favorite league, the MLS headlines before they they put NHL. ESPN is just evil trying create a wildfire that is just a bonfire. And they don't like Houston. I can't forget Rachel Nichols off-camera cheering on the Celtics against the Rockets, she wasn't a bystander, she was reporting the game with Paul Pierce.

saleem and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The video doesn't make it sound so much as a swipe at Harden, but it can be insinuated he's taking a swipe at Harden's overall game. Frankly, I hope James takes it as a swipe and it makes him play that much harder. He's taken a step up this year in his overall game and its really showing in this first series.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

**** these clowns, so over Hardens “narrative” created by others not even paying attention.

Shut them all up James!!!!

(knee jerk headline reaction)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Harden is in his head so that came out his mouth.

saleem and whiskeyred like this.
  17. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

If I ever catch any haters on Fortnite . . . (Insert tippytoes emote)

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

The media will probably bring this up next game with Harden and PG. This is the next Harden Vs. Player X beef.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

PG 6.5?

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Wrong.

saleem likes this.