1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petr Cornelie

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Haymitch, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Genuine athlete and 7 feet tall. Reason to believe he could become a good offensive player and at least a good weakside defender, thanks to his length and quickness.

Bad thing is he's rail thin and doesn't have a frame that's likely to fill out. Plus, he's all potential on offense and defense; he's just not ready to help at all in 2016-2017.

Not a good fit for the Rockets right now*, but the idea of a 7 footer who can run, (potentially) block shots, and (potentially) shoot is always nice.

All of the above is based off what I've read on Draft Express. So I'd be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts who knows more about him.

*Though I wouldn't be against drafting him, I don't think the Rockets are looking for long-term projects.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

We've been clamoring over 7 footers for quite a while now. I don't think the next Kristaps will be coming for a while. Besides, mauri loves midget 4/5's.

I say we focus on a true PG, but someone over 6'1.

4. fattz

fattz Member

He is really young and shot 40% from 3. He would NOT be a waste of a pick --> he just needs the D league --> We do that anyway so maybe he is a fit after all. He runs like a deer.