1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paypal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Remix, Aug 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Remix

Remix Member

Could anyone explain exactly how paypal works? i just got a acount, but i havent added my card yet. Ill mostly be useing it for ebay. Any help would be apreciated.

2. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

You have a PayPal account that allows you to use credit cards, debt cards, a checking account, and more (i believe), to transfer money.

To have a checking account connected to your PayPal account it must first be verified where they deposit a couple of cents into your account and you report it on PayPal proving its your account.

3. synergy

synergy Member

In addition how Paypal makes money is like this:

they dont charge you for sending money, but they charge the person for receiving money. I dont have the exact percentages( I think 3%), but I think for roughly $200 sent, they charge $6 in service fees to the person getting the money.

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The advantage to the buyer is that the transaction takes place and the seller does not get your CC# or bank info. They only get an email saying you sent x amount of money for y auction, and a shipping address.

5. Remix

Remix Member

quick question. do i have to become verified to send money?

Thanks for the help.

6. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

To access money from your checking account, yes. To access money from a credit card/ debt card its instant verification with the verification/anti-fraud (I've heard them called differents by different companies) numbers on the back of the card.