1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, Nov 29, 2015.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Ok, we can all agree he isn't a star player, hes barely even a good player, but his effort tonight was enormous. While we have these aloof all-stars showing little care factor and leadership. His will certainly is trumping the other guys skill.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yeah his hustle & intensity is something else.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lets just hope he stays healthy for the rest of the season. Seems like he's always getting hurt.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Wow. Is there not a player we don't have a 'hate thread' for. McHale, Brewer, Harden, Howard now Bev. (Sure I've left a few out).
    Thing I like about Bev is his hustle and D. Of course people will point out his D isn't really that good. But he's been in and out of the lineup so much, I'm sure he's regularly not 100% right and loses some touch.
    IF he wasn't made of glass, I'm sure he'd be even better. (Injuries are my main gripe)
    He's just what we need alongside Harden. Not Lawson with - D.
    Bev & Canan is what we should've had as our PG duo (with Terry as 3rd choice).

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ariza, too. When JB switched him to pick up Afflalo in OT, he was all over him.

6. abaker28

abaker28 Member

OK see what you did there.
    So many hate threads, I've just assumed this was another one.
    Just getting tired of the hate.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^^ [edit] see your correction

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Said it in the game thread...

He's a bad basketball player with very limited skills, but there's a place for him in the league because of his intangibles.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

for the millionth time, he's not a 35mpg player, he's a 20mpg player. if ty can get back to being a starter quality pg and bev backing up, this site will conveniently remember why he's a good player.

for now i like this move pputting him into the starting lineup until they figure things out.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

His defense was fantastic tonight can't conplain about bev he has 2 really big forced turnovers in the last 2 minutes of the 4th that put us in position to tie the game.

11. theangrycanary

thats the thing.

bev is almost worthless as a player because he is always hurt. being injury prone is a real thing.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If every player on the Rox would "bring it" like Beverly every night on energy alone the rockets would be out of their slump. His skills are average at best but his energy and defense/hustle hopefully becomes contagious again

13. SeabrookMiglla

he played his game tonight, and he wasnt trying to be something hes not. thats the pat that this team needs.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

if you suck but you try hard, you get some leniency

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

When hustle is the only reason you're in NBA, you better hustle.

16. basketballholic

He played the best game last night he's played in close to a year. His injuries though are a huge problem. He actually walks like I did a month after I had my knee scoped. And his running gait is not good. I simply don't have confidence that he can duplicate last night's effort very often without running into another ankle/knee problem. Love the guy. But I still want off his contact a quick as possible.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's a very good player

18. hakeemthagreat

I'm not sure how such a bad basketball player could be placed back into the starting lineup so quickly after a injury. Either he's bad or you're just bad at understanding anything outside boxscore numbers

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He's the best we've got...& when he's hitting his 3's, playing D & not turning the ball over he is a perfect fit next to Harden.

20. hakeemthagreat

I agree. People don't appreciate Bev here. Yes he goes thru his slumps. But I'd take a slumping Bev starting because we KNOW he's gonna bring it every nite effort wise. Can't say the same for everybody else