1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Open Carry Protestors Out of Control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Feb 5, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

And then there's good Texans like this guy.

Gun Rights Activist Says Lawmakers "Punishable by Death"

In the news again, gun-rights activist Kory Watkins recorded a threatening YouTube video, pressuring Texas lawmakers to pass lax gun laws, including open carry without licensing requirements.

In the four-minute rambling video – removed from his Facebook page 30 minutes after posting yet preserved on YouTube – Watkins, leader of Open Carry Tarrant County, says the decision not to grant gun rights activists their legislative demands is tantamount to treason and “punishable by death.”

“I’m tired of jacking around. I’m tired of playing politically correct games. I’m tired of saying, ‘well, this is chess, and we gotta take this slowly’,” said Watkins. “I don’t know if [Texas lawmakers] forgot what their duty is, but it’s to protect the Constitution. And let me remind you, going against the Constitution is treason, and, my friend, that is punishable by death.” He goes on to say gun rights advocates are, “not playing around,” anymore and are ready to “game up” their “peaceful non-cooperation” strategy. “We’re gonna step it up a notch,” said Watkins.

The chilling monologue ends with a thinly veiled threat: “I want to put more than my foot in that door. We should be doing way more than that. We should be demanding these people give us our rights back, or it’s punishable by death. Treason. Do you understand how serious this is, Texas? We need to start sticking more than foots in doors. This is treason against the American people. You don’t sell my rights back to me, you’re gonna find trouble.”

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

SOme of them are true nut jobs

4. Remii

Remii Member

That's home grown terrorism talk right there. Those are the type of people the government fears most.

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I fully support open carry, and I fully believe that Kory Watkins is a idiot and bad for all gun rights and 2A supporters everywhere.

His antics do far more for the gun control crowd than the pro gun crowd.

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Always the red states that produce these crazies, huh?

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy hell that guy is aggravating. He could be trying to convince the Representative to give us all free puppies and steak and I'd turn against it. **** his sense of 100% pure entitlement and confrontational swagger.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Dude. You have no idea. This dude is whacko. He is even intimidating Republicans. Currently, there are two main open-carry bills in the Senate. SB 342 by Huffines is "constitutional carry," whereas SB 346 by Estes is "licensed open-carry."

This nut job Kory Watkins is coming into R and D offices and intimidating staff by shoving a camera in our faces and badgering us with questions about whether or not our boss supports "liberty and the constitution."

His first threat against Pancho Nevaraz wasn't as bad as the recent "treason is punishable by death" comments. Another guy administering the same intimidation techniques is some guy named "Doc Green," who has a radio show in Houston on RagingElephantRadio (never heard of it). Going office by office with a camera and questioning basically interns and office admins. This guy is telling people that open-carry is the number one priority for Texans....really? I don't even put it on the list of top 10.

I am not sure if I support open-carry, I don't think it is at all necessary, we already have legal open-carry of long barrel guns, why do you need a pistol visible to everyone. When someone robs a bank, the first person they're going to take out is the person with a gun showing -- you're much better off with the gun concealed.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Kory Watkins is from Open-Carry Tarrant County, a chapter of Open-Carry Texas....Open-Carry Texas came out against Kory Watkins and OCTC for their behavior. These idiots have NO clue how to lobby.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Take the gun away from that punk and he'd stop acting like a tough guy. i hope he meets another CHL holder soon.

1 person likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He sounds like the biggest reason why gun control is reasonable. People like that aren't safe to run around armed.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, that's not a loaded question at all...

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How small does ones dick have to be to feel the need to wear a ******* gun on their holster or shoulder when out and about. I will never stop trying to convince my wife to move out of this ****ty ****ing state.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Your posts make all kinds of sense now. I hope you get to live where you want soon.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you get your way, you won't be missed.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brain drain. It's been happening for years. We're left with folks who voted for Dan Patrick. sucks ass.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

FIFY

but they don't.
    They rather shoot and bully the unarmed.
    They would rather harass the weed smoker, the ticket non payer and the impoverished.

Rocket River

18. Remii

Remii Member

That's because it's easier to do that to minority groups than it is the majority. But the government is paying attention. The militarization of the police force and the extinction of privacy is not specifically for poor minorities and foreign terrorist groups.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I think the dude might have some other issues.

Women often know what's best.;)

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to assume he was drunk-posting.