1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Sided Officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bj3175, Mar 25, 2009.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Look this is getting a little bit old. The Rockets actually beat the Jazz tonight, but you would never know it. Our guys were fighting real hard tonight and they allowed every bit of contact. Now thats not a problem to let them play until they start calling all the contact fouls one way. Lowry, Wafer, Brooks, Artest, Yao and Scola could not get to the free throw line. It is going to be impossible to beat any NBA team if they get all the calls down the Strech. I am just a little frustrated when our guys fight hard and they get slammed to the ground and some how the possesion turns into a turnover even when they were mugged.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Stop now.

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I thought it was called both ways. The Rockets get away with their fair share of fouls.

Of all the players you listed, they all avoid contact except for Artest. This would be one main reason for lack of calls. They all try and get around the D to finish (as they should) but sometimes you gotta know when you work for the shot or the foul.

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

officiating was good tonight, cant blame this loss on the refs, we just got owned tonight

5. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

What's funny is that this was actually one of the more balanced games.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

quit making excuses now, we all know we got beat fair and square down the stretch cuz we played like idiots

7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

we lost because our offense sucked.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yeah I can't really agree with the OP. Utah just executed much better, combine that with a terrible shooting night and the officiating was a non-factor.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No way, don't blame the refs for this loss. We all know why we didn't win the game. We didn't have offense in stretches and then no defense in stretches, that's not how you win games.

10. tmackills

tmackills Member

Don't blame the officials, the game was even and we had a fair chance to win this game. We just choked.

11. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

Completely disagree with you. I think the officiating was great tonight. I thought they let both teams play. The Rockets just got their asses handed to them tonight.

1 person likes this.
  12. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Can't blame it on the refs this time.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

refs did a good job

14. archinkent

archinkent Member

ur looking at it one way. jazz players got fouled quite a few times too without any calls, as much as i hate to admit it, game was called fair

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

After every loss someone blames the refs.

Amazing of course you could blame the refs every game if you expect them to get every single call right but that's not possible.

They missed calls on both ends.

It was fair.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You need your head examined if you really think we lost tonight because of the refs.

17. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I also thought the officiating was very good tonight. Refs did not go for many flops. You could some fouls were not called when going towards the basket but they were on both sides and I actually like it that way instead of calling touch fouls.

18. Bruins&RedSox21

I would agree on most days when we get screwed over but not tonight. Refs werent that bad.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Guys...tonight is not the night for this...we sucked tonight...plain and simple.

20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The single most encouraging thing about tonight was the officiating. It gives me hope that the Jazz may not get away with their usual fouling and flopping in the playoffs.