1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason Priorities

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Jan 15, 2012.

1. today

today Contributing Member

1. Sign Foster
    2. Let Mario Walk
    3. Draft WR2 or get Reggie Wayne on the cheap
    4. Get a FA CB2
    5. Cut Leinart, further develop Yates as QB2

I heard that we gave Wade a raise, so we'll have him back next year.

Next Year's Expectations? A trip to the Superdome for Super Bowl XLVII. Anything less and I'm severely disappointed.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Slaton lost his job by the end of his first season of suck and only stayed on roster as the 3rd RB for a season after that. Okoye got 4. Jacoby just finished his 5th.

3. Cannonball

I think it'll be the same. I don't think they risk Yates being the backup this next year. Maybe the year after. But I think they like Yates enough that unless they're getting one of the few potential franchise QBs (which they won't be in a position to do) that they won't draft one.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

5. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

try to bring reggie wayne to houston and draft a WR in the first round and have to grab another CB from draft or free agency.

6. Cannonball

We'll just sick the Arian Nation on him then.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

When Slaton was cut it was way overdue, he ran scared and it showed. Kubiak knows he needs to cut Jacoby, but I can't say for sure he'll make the right decision.

Hell I'm ready to take a chance on DeSean Jackson baggage and all.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jacoby and Walter need to be gone next season. Both contribute nothing other than blocking.

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I'll be ill if we could get desean or Vincent Jackson..

10. acjeitherocket

Kendall is nie but I wish he was a little taller.

I also like Brian Quick from Appalachian State and Rueben Randle (LSU)

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Question: Schaub has only completed two full seasons with out injury in 5 years with the Texans.
    Do you consider him injury prone? Are you good depending on him 100% next year?

This is why it is vital T. J. Develops on my opinion.
    Or we get the next qb if it isn't yates.

Rocket River

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He got injured early in his texans career almost exclusively off dirty and illegal hits, I would never consider that injury prone

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

(on WR Jacoby Jones) “I haven’t talked to him but he’s been a playmaker for us, and he’s one of my brothers on this team. One play does not decide a game – it just doesn’t. I’m going to tell him that when I see him on the plane. I’m just excited about next year. I can’t wait to get back to work, get around the guys and see the kind of moves we make. I just can’t wait. I love this team. I love my guys. I love the city of Houston.”

-Foster

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

A few mock drafts have us taking DT Dontari Poe at 26. Personally I actually agree with this idea. Yes WR is a bigger need. No it's not something you address in the first round. You get commodities that could not be found elsewhere in the first round. Speed edge rushers. Huge space eating tackles either on offense or defense.

The good teams show us that you don't need to draft a game-changing WR in the first round. Mike Wallace? Marques Colston? DeSean Jackson? Freaking Victor Cruz? We could draft three WR's outside the first two rounds for all I care: we only need to hit on one to make the draft a success. In the meanwhile, you make a menacing defense even more menacing by adding pieces to your front seven.

Look at the Giants. They don't wait for a spot to open up on the line before adding depth to rotate in and out, putting as much pressure on the QB as possible.

1 person likes this.
  15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

-Andre Johnson

16. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

can we franchise him , then trade him for 2 picks , 1 and second round

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Gotta love Foster and Johnson, two consummate professionals. You can't ask for more out of two star players. We gotta get those two guys a super bowl ring.

18. justafriend

justafriend Member

I would stab Jacoby Jones if we could get Dwayne Bowe in a Texans uniform. Well I was going to do that anyway, but yea. The Chiefs may franchise him though and he's probably going to come to come with a hefty price tag, but it would make this offense lethal. Very complete receiver in terms of routes he can run and very importantly is a good blocker and hasn't shown any of the typical prima donna WR bull*****. I'd much rather add him than the at times selfish, and more one-dimensional V-Jax and D-Jax. Probably a waste of time dreaming about it though.

19. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

I think a rebuilding Miami team without a QB and multiple needs would likely trade B.Marshall for a third round pick. Really dont need him and his payroll in a rebuild. What do u guys think?

20. Rick Rambis

Rick Rambis Member

Does anyone know our Salary Cap status and what we can afford? I have heard that we could sign our big 3 but not all at max numbers. In my opinion this should be our priority list:

1. Re-sign Foster
    2. Re-sign Chris Meyers (O-Lines are built on continuity; do not mess with an O-Line which is one of the best in the league)
    3. Re-sign Mario Williams. If not, franchise him and attempt to trade. I think with Mario Williams healthy this year, he would have challenged Jared Allen for the league lead in sacks. Guy was going to have a monster year. I would like to see what he can do next year in the Wade Phillips system

We can address other needs in the draft ie. WR, DB depth, and a pass rushing OLB( if Mario Leaves)