1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Tigers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 27, 2014.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

i feel like we've been watching a parade of such awful LOOGYs on this team over the past decade, dating back to Mike Gallo.

Sipp is probably the only one I've ever had any confidence in when he takes the mound.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's not a LOOGY, Porter has relegated him to LOOGY status, when the fact is he gets everybody out at a high clip this year. The fact that Porter continues to use worse pitchers just because they are right handed makes no sense.

It drives me nuts, Porter really sucks.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Next we face the team with the 3rd best run diff in MLB (4th best now, didn't know Dodgers had passed the Mariners).

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Very good series against a quality opponent. Altuve is doing it on a historical level. Sipp and Qualls are ballin. Pitching staff kept Cabrera hitless the entire series and only reached base once... wow. Other than that crap by Jerome yesterday, great series. Let's keep it up!!

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"Bad news for the Mariners"

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jerome......Please cut.....Jerome....

7. msn

msn Member

Bass, Albers, Crain. Damn.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Bass should be ready to be activated. He pitched 2 scoreless innings yesterday which was scheduled to be his last rehab appearance. It will be interesting to see who they send down. They have to be DFA'ing Williams - don't they? Otherwise they'll send Zeid back down.

9. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Hmmmm. That can't be right. If I read that correctly, you said "2 scoreless innings". That implies a pitcher pitched 2 full frames. Isn't that illegal? Does Porter know about this?

:p

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

I guess Obie will be sent back down if Keuch is going to be ready by Thursday.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's probably better to have Oberholtzer be the long guy with occasional spot starts than to have Williams be that guy. I think the Astros know what they have in him and it wouldn't hurt any development for him not to have a consistent 5 day cycle.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Team definitely needs to DFA Williams, but Obie needs to be in the rotation (along with several guys). The best move would be to also trade Feldman back to Texas to open a rotation spot.

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

I don't disagree, but it seems like that would have happened by now if the Astros agreed.