1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 19, 2019.

1. rugg31

rugg31 Member

While stopping the run was a huge issue, the three TFL would suggest otherwise to not one play going for negative yards.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Who couldn't stop the run? Texans had 24 runs for 99 yards. 2 of those runs covered 52 yards. The Colts overall did a very good job of stopping the run considering the other 22 only covered 42 yards.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Texans

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Idk who you talking about here because I was saying Texans couldn’t stop the run. I don’t remember Texans getting a TFL but I could be wrong. When the Colts decided to throw on the second drive(?) of the second half, Texans got the stop and started playing better.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The remaining Texans schedule:

Patroits (9-1)
    Broncos (3-7)
    @Titans (5-5)
    @Bucaneers (3-7)
    Titans (5-5)

The 7-4 Texans have a solid chance of finishing 11-5, with the @Titans toughest win to get there.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

Firstly, I apologize for having to post the user but he's the only connect that has this video.
    Don't get me wrong I love Sexy Wexy, the engine of that show.
    It's a great edit. 90s Techno makes me want to drop acid and I don't even do drugs!

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

12-4

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

The key decision is that the referees decided there was no clear recovery.
    The team I saw last night will lose two games - Patriots and at least one against the Titans. 10-6.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

1st rd bye hopefully

10. rugg31

rugg31 Member

I was agreeing the Texans couldn’t stop the run. The Colts did them a huge favor after their second TD drive and came out throwing the ball. Frank outsmarted himself much like many NFL coaches do from time to time. Here’s two TFL, the third must have been Martin’s sack. None in the second half though as the Texans were being pushed around.

• 1st & 10 at IND 40
      (13:01 - 1st) J.Williams left end to IND 36 for -4 yards (B.Scarlett).

1st & 10 at HOU 28
      (6:22 - 2nd) J.Williams left end to HST 29 for -1 yards (W.Mercilus

red5rocket likes this.
  11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Good find. Thanks

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

no... but still not sure what the true blunder was or what the overall impact on the game?

I was in a plane for the game. Thought I’d read a thread to catch up on it. Got three pages of a discussion of a play that you’d think it was the immaculate reception or tuck rule incident.

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Fuller is an absolute game changer. If he stays healthy and the Texans can have an above mediocre defense they *could* make noise in the playoffs.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Blew that chance against Baltimore hope I’m wrong tho.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I will say this. I always wondered what the actual ruling is when two players are holding on to the football. Does no clear recovery automatically go to the offense or is it we are judging that this guy has the football but it isn't clear

16. SuraGotMadHops

Man, is there any doubt the city of Houston really needed this win last night? I'm still sad enough as it is how Game 7 played out with the Astros, add on top of that three weeks of people constantly trying to throw s*** on the one we did win in 2017, then the Texans get destroyed by Baltimore last week. Losing to the Colts, again, at home in prime time with the division at stake I would've just lost it. Texans still have work to do, but being in playoff contention 11 games into the season provides some comfort during some troubling times.

Chilly_Pete and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. dejamike

dejamike Member

I LOVE that mama’s boy D Hop.

Nimo and alethios like this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Dual possession goes to the offense (at least on pass receptions). I assume the same is for fumble recoveries.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That happens all the time, every scoring play is automatically reviewed, most often without stopping play or announcing it. Doesn’t mean it’s not reviewed.

Possession is a reviewable play and all reviews under 2 minutes are made by the booth. BoB calling a TO in that situation gives them more time to review it in which they did. Reich was even told so by the officials. Let one more second run off the clock and the play is no longer reviewable. Pretty simple.

Nimo and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Nah, u right.

Baltimore's remaining schedule:

@Lar
    vsSF
    @BUF
    vsNYJ
    @CLE
    vsPIT

Can't see them going 2-4 in that stretch (along with us going 4-1).

Even if we go 5-0 (12-4), we still likely won't overtake either Baltimore or New England.