1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official ALCS] Astros vs. Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lets get there first. Go stros

HookemHorns1250 and rockbox like this.
  2. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Correa texted McCullers after game 2 and apologized that the offense didn't do anything after he pitched a great game. Let's hope the offense shows up and does McCullers a favor.

gfab-babyboi and TWS1986 like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Carlos has finally become that mature leader I always thought he would be from that day he got drafted and addressed the media. I was like, man this kid is no kid. Maybe, dedicating his life towards baseball at an early age, he never had time to be enjoy being a kid. Enter the last few years. He didnt need to be a leader and took less responsibility with older vets on the squad and made some dumb choices with massages and such. But now hes locked in, mature and ready to carry. I lub him.

4. dannah

dannah Member

I live on another continent, who is Jomboy?

awc713 and TWS1986 like this.
  5. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Keep it that way. It’s better for ur well being.

BigM, cmoak1982, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

He's a Yankees Homer. I think he has a podcast that a lot of people listen to. He's a tool.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. dannah

dannah Member

lol...had to google him now

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'm scared.

Tomstro likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Speaking of Taiwanese baseball...one of the best dekes you'll ever see:

Marteen, BigM, King1 and 5 others like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

"Momentum is only as good as the next day's starting pitcher." -- Earl Weaver

joshuaao, awc713, dannah and 3 others like this.
  11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

For me this entire post season has felt like playing with house money. I'm just enjoying the ride.

arif1127 likes this.
  12. what

what Member

Regular season baseball has got to be the most boring sport ever. However postseason baseball has got to be the most exciting.
    How is that possible?
    There's really not another sport like baseball in the postseason for real.
    Basketball is predictable, and for the most part inconsequential, just watch the last 5 minutes. Football you have maybe one high leverage moment at the end of the game.
    Baseball has so many variety of moments and high leverage situations: and the fact that the game is not over with a timer. You have to get 3 outs in the 9th inning.
    I just can't bring myself to watch 162 games with baseball but as far as the postseason is concerned I could watch every game every minute of every game.

joshuaao likes this.
  13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

ha! That was gangsta. Hilarious

gfab-babyboi and BigM like this.
  14. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Most relevant to this board, Jomboy is the Yankees fan who made those viral videos after “The Atlantic’s” Astros sign-stealing scandal article that illustrate what sounds like bangs in the background of Astros games a couple years ago alerting Astros batters to what pitch was coming

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

He pretty much started the buzzer narrative. He was for the most part a nobody except with Yankees fans, but gained a large following because of this bs with the Astros. He pushed it and pushed it. No evidence, but the masses wanted to hate the Astros so much they took it to be truth. He was a relentless A-hole.

Now he printed Astros shirts in hopes to make money off of it. His response to all the backlash from Astros fans is “I didn’t say anything negative about you guys all year”.

Yeah too late F-stick.

King1, TWS1986 and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sounds to me like in general, you just described why even regular season baseball is more exciting than football and basketball with your description of NBA has having 90% of it being inconsequential and football only have per haps one high leverage moment.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Playoff Hockey is similar to playoff Baseball.
    But nothing really compares to the edge of the seat anxiety in playoff baseball:

18. Major

Major Member

I think the issue is that regular season baseball games themselves are largely inconsequential. With 162 games, any individual game just doesn't matter that much. Football is the opposite - the ball, interestingly, is in play for an average of something like 11 minutes out of a 3 hour game. But because each individual game matters so much, the games are more "watchable".

It's one reason I really hope neither MLB or NFL stick with their expanded playoffs. If teams can make the playoffs at 0.500, the regular season is even more boring and irrelevant, especially for a team like the Astros the last few years that generally would be expected to win 90+ games.

19. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Today's the day homies. Today is the day the Astros become the Patriots. Mark my words.

joshuaao, King1 and marks0223 like this.
  20. dannah

dannah Member

Got it thanks. Indeed looks like a total idiot.