1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama 2 years ago: "I will not put American boots on the ground in Syria". He lied.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 1, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Obama just announced boots are on the group in Syria. Obama is truly clueless, and now a liar.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/31/politics/donald-trump-syria-super-pacs/

Norfolk, Virginia (CNN)Donald Trump on Saturday knocked President Barack Obama's decision to deploy fewer than 50 Special Operations forces on the ground in Syria, suggesting the strategy is a half-measure.

"I think we have a president who just doesn't know what he's doing," Trump told CNN. "You either do it or you don't do it. Fifty people. He puts 50 people."

Trump did not say whether he would deploy more troops to Syria as president, but simply said, "You either do it or you don't do it."

The remarks are the first time Trump has reacted to Obama's decision to deploy fewer than 50 Special Operations forces to Syria, which the White House announced Friday. The announcement came two years after Obama addressed the American public and said emphatically: "I will not put American boots on the ground in Syria."

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nothing in the article says these 50 soldiers are wearing American boots, or any kind of boots at all.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What would your solution to Syria be, texxx?

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think it's clear that they are getting more involved, even if not officially "boots on the ground".

To me, it's more like, READ MY LIPS.

I don't fault that type of reversal, at all. I rather someone that is flexible than inflexible.

Only stubborn McHale-type character would not adjust to current conditions, but rather sticking it out no-matter what.

Or ME ME ME -type character would refuse to wise-up and do what's he/she believe is the right course of action knowing it would look bad politically for him/herself.

5. bigtexxx

The problem is Obama doesn't have a clue as to what his strategy is in Syria. 50 ground troops is hardly a solution.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I agree with trump here. If we are going to do it, we need to commit more than this. Send a few thousand guys in there and jack some ISIS jokers up.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is fair. It might be his continuing, train them and let it be strategy.

I don't know anyone know of any workable strategy.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Unless he recently change his mind, Trump is for do nothing in that area stance. I agree more with that than with doing much.

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

LOL, coming from Trump who openly stated that his source in foreign policy is "The internet"... GOP at its finest.

No alternative solution, per the usual :/

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's called halftime adjustments.

Texxx would rather let ISIS/Daesh run rampant than let our brave operators make a contribution.

Sad. I am disappoint.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

America just needs to play harder.

-- Kevin McHale

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

America should pull its troops out of every country. It's a trillion-dollar scam.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I always considered boots on the ground to be infantry, not Seals and special forces that go in and out on specific missions. We send special forces on raids in countries all over the world that we never hear about. BFD.

Trump is a dope. He'd send in 50k troops as a sign of strong leadership and spend 100 billion dollars doing it. Strength! Rawr!

14. bigtexxx

halftime adjustment? It's fifty troops. This is the equivalent of being down 70 points at halftime and sending in Royce White to right the ship. And that's after you had told Royce he wasn't playing.

15. bigtexxx

Dumbest thing I will read all day.

In other words -- it depends on what the definition of the word "is" is.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

So what would your strategy be in Syria what would texxx do.

17. bigtexxx

For starters Obama could have either A) thought through a strategy in advance or B) honored his word

he did neither and now he's sending ground troops in when he said he wouldn't.

He's an indecisive amateur who has no business leading our military or representing the US on the world stage.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why do we even care so much about Syria?

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

texxx would complain if he was hung with a new rope.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'd rather the soldiers wear wakais instead of boots

[​IMG]