1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

NFL Week 9

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 3, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thursday, November 5th
    Cleveland(2-6) at Cincinnati(7-0) 7:25pm NFL Network

Sunday, November 8th
    Green Bay(6-1) at Carolina(7-0) Noon FOX
    Washington(3-4) at New England(7-0) Noon FOX
    Tennessee(1-6) at New Orleans(4-4) Noon CBS
    Miami(3-4) at Buffalo(3-4) Noon CBS
    St. Louis(4-3) at Minnesota(5-2) Noon FOX
    Jacksonville(2-5) at NY Jets(4-3) Noon CBS
    Oakland(4-3) at Pittsburgh(4-4) Noon CBS
    NY Giants(4-4) at Tampa(3-4) 3:05pm FOX
    Atlanta(6-2) at San Francisco(2-6) 3:05pm FOX
    Denver(7-0) at Indianapolis(3-5) 3:25pm CBS
    Philadelphia(3-4) at Dallas(2-5) 7:30pm NBC

Monday, November 9th
    Chicago(2-5) at San Diego(2-6) 7:30pm ESPN

Bye: Arizona, Baltimore, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Seattle

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I wonder if this is the first time in the history of prime-time football that all 4 teams have a LOSING record this late into the season.

There is just so much bad football out there right now.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Texans have a bye so no blackouts apply. If Fox26 doesn't show Green Bay at Carolina, somebody over there needs to be slapped.

I assume Ch11 will choose Tennessee at New Orleans because of the 10% of people in Houston that care about the Titans and Saints. This, despite the other 90% of us who don't give a care about either team. Oakland at Pittsburgh would be the better choice IMO.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Why is Indie sucking?

1. Coaching? -
    2. QB? -
    I ask the same question of both . . . . . HAS THE LEAGUE FIGURED THEM OUT?
    3. Talent - Did their GM forget how to find talent or is just been lucky (No pun intended)
    4. Injuries - Are they more injured than anyone else?

Rocket River

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

All of the above.

Coaching sucks
    QB sucks (although is/was injured)
    GM sucks

Colts will have a new coach.
    Titans will have a new coach.
    Jags could go either way.
    O'Brien is here to stay.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Detroit firing everybody but Jim Caldwell.

What a trainwreck organization.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MAJOR changes in Detroit: Lions have fired GM Martin Mayhew and president Tom Lewand, league sources told ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/662316592869580800">November 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jim Caldwell has been told he's still the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lions?src=hash">#Lions</a> coach.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/662319960149110784">November 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Those are the games... Houston going with Tennessee/NO, but Beaumot/Orange actually going with Oakland/Pitt.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Manziel has to laziest footwork of any quarterback I've ever seen in the pocket.

If you're a Cleveland fan, though, you'd be livid if he doesn't start the rest of the season, in my opinion. You traded up into the first round for him, and you have to give him a chance. Figure out who he is. Your season is going nowhere. Figure out if you can build with him, or if you have to start over, because this may be the year you can get a good quarterback. Instead if your front office wastes the rest of the season on an older vet, for nothing, you've got to question their direction.

There's a reason why people say "at least we're not Cleveland."

11. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Manziel even though he's a bum that has a drinking problem, will get another shot in this league on another team before guys like kaepernick, rg3, and geno smith... sad but true

12. Two Sandwiches

A. Who says he has a drinking problem? I thought it was cocaine....

B. He's probably better than Geno. Possibly better than RG3, who seems to be made of glass. The problem is, we don't know, which is why he would get another chance. If the Browns give up on him this early, of course he'd get another shot. If I were a GM, I'd give those guys a shot in this order:

Kaepernick
    Manziel
    RG3
    Geno

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

skip bayless said he knows people close to johnny and they said it was a combination of both. and he recently went back to liquor when he got into an argument with his gf and was pulled over on a traffic stop.. the media didnt bury him like they would have though if johnny had been lets say a few shades darker.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TFygGk1PTR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

the thing is rg3 has shown to at least have talent in the nfl

what has manziel showed in this league, he cant outrun nfl linebackers too slow lol... why cant you admit the guy is a bum, i dont see any physical traits that lead me to believe this guy is an nfl qb. NONE WHATSOEVER... he should probably change positions if he wants to stay in this league he dont have arm talent or arm strength

geno smith has arm talent and physical size, if he started for the jets this year they would have the same record or better, because he vastly superior talent to fitz but dont tell the media..

Andrew Luck has never a season better than rg3's rookie year, infact this year you can argue andrew luck has been worse than any season rg3 has ever had but instead of benching luck like they ddi with rg3, they fire his oc.. like wtf... and dont give me luck is the franchise bs.. rg3 was just as highly regarded as luck

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think Johnny has looked like an NFL QB tonight.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Johnny the bum! If he was a few shades darker he would have drove it 100 yds. The significance of Roller Coaster when going to commercial? Anybody?

18. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol he has rarely played, teams dont have tape on him.. but whatever.. keep gloating over the wonderkid

hes the new hope. now that mariota and luck have fell on their face

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lmao, new hope? What world do you live in?

20. Two Sandwiches

You're doing it wrong.

You're not supposed to make yourself look foolish.

Step away from the keyboard, turn Thursday Night Football on, and imagine Johnny is black. He's getting it done tonight. He looks good.

He's got the Cleveland offense looking good against a great team. He's a different quarterback this year. He's more serious on his play. Kid deserves to start this year.

I realize that I'm typing in vain, as I'm "speaking" to prejudice eyes, but Johnny looks good. There's a guy in Dallas that would kill tonjave him right now. That's a match made in heaven.

By the way, I agree with you that Luck is overrated.

And you're dead wrong about Geno. (Once again, we know your vision is clouded)

And RG3's issue his whole career is his ability to stay healthy. With the right coach, in the right system, he could be a good quarterback. Until he got injured again. It's not always about the player's talent, but sometimes its more the situation a player is put into. I feel bad that RG3 is wasting away in Washington. He should get a shot somewhere else.