1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I quit getting notifications from bspn but this what a buddy just sent me. LMFAO

RayRay10 and raining threes like this.
  2. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yeah, that's why I asked haha. I don't watch ESPN at all anymore. Too much bias.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I just posted that article in the other Astros thread

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Somehow Jeff Luhnow is influencing these negotiations... just a bullshit analogy.

Or... if this is truly the sentiment, that pretty much anything can be manipulated and fans/media come right back when things are good again, Olney is more of a sheep than he even realizes.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Waiting for Mike Trout to comment.... I doubt he will since he knows Houston is a different animal than NY.

That is a buzzer LaMehaiueu (don't care if i killed his name). Altuve accusation was way too much. Both don't have it.

[​IMG]

#105 bloodwings19, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  6. awc713

awc713 Member

7. msn

msn Member

Question:
    The same type of letter sent from Manfred to the Astros and to the Red Sox is also confidential and not available to the public. I get why this looks so damning to the Yankees, and I want to know what's in the letter. But what's stopping them from demanding to see ours or Boston's? Would we be ok with that?

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was there more sent to the Astros outside of the 9 pages of findings MLB/Manfred published?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Let it ALL come out....

10. msn

msn Member

Yes. Each team got one of those letters. Only three Yankees' letter has been under threat from this court case. I'd love to see it come out, especially if it outs Manfred's ridiculous hypocrisy. But the court case itself is just stupid.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

This. Hard for the Astros to come out looking worse when they merely out cheated other cheaters.

Handles and RayRay10 like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

so the yankees stole signs in '17 and still couldn't beat us?

clutchdabear, msn, Handles and 3 others like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They also had Beltran in their front office staff in 2019, knowing all about what the Astros "system" may have morphed into (if there was any possibility of there being a system still in place)... and still came up woefully short (that series was not as close as it was made out to be).

I'm more pissed about all the non-truths surrounding the 2019 team. Buzzers, confetti, shirt-ripping conspiracies. The 2017 story was fairly straight-forward, but multiple outlets and posts started doing deep dives to 2019 possibilities... despite the reports saying nothing happened.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19 runs in 3 games in the bronx
    3 runs in 4 games in houston; a huge split

raining threes and RayRay10 like this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

Are we supposed to be surprised?? Anyone with a brain knew this was a league wide issue (as initially reported). The baseball writers, fresh off their hatred for Luhnow and Taubman decided to drag only the Astros on it for several months. The problem is they did such a good job smearing just this one club it emboldened people to get legal about it. Once you get courts involved, there are no secrets anymore, evidence of all sorts gets uncovered and fraudsters like Manfred can't decide which team's transgressions to sweep under the rug anymore.

The fact the Sox' investigation was sat on for months and released the night before the NFL draft, and the Yankees story broke at midnight on a Friday night then was quickly deflected into another absurd anti-Luhnow piece tells you all you need to know. Manfred and the writers are in cahoots. It's still mind boggling how the Sox got punished so lightly in comparison when their behavior post-dates the Sept. 2017 memo (caused in part by them) by over a year.

This is why I hated the fact that Crane fired Luhnow and Hinch so swiftly and quickly. You knew this was not over and we were not the only ones. Why punish yourself even more than the bulls*** league did when other teams didn't get hit as hard? You had the smartest front office in the league and you just cut out your own knees from under you. He should've just observed the suspension, which will turned out to be nothing courtesy of Covid-19, and picked right up next season.

17. dmoneybangbang

Im thinking the Astros thought/were told more of the truth would come out and they wouldn’t be railroaded by the league and media.

The apologies or lack there of makes more sense from the perspective of “we out cheated the other cheaters”.

raining threes and RayRay10 like this.
  18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Crane fired them because that's what the other owners and Manfred wanted...I imagine they threatened to lump him in with the accusations as well and possibly take his team away if he didn't do as they said (ie what Selig did to the Dodgers). Crane decided that it wasn't worth the fight and went along with it.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Because Crane is an ass kissing piece of ****.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You need to lump in the Mets and Red Sox ownership as well, then.

raining threes likes this.