1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need lineup change: Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Mar 5, 2020.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

You can't be serious, Bmac is a worse defender than James. His defensive IQ is a negative Pi-squared.

2. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

With a 4 game losing streak, we have to try something. Anything.

I swear if we go for the same starting lineup again, then D-Antoni is losin it.

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We should put Green as the center, Covington as the power forward, Tucker as the small forward, Harden as the shooting guard and Westbrook as the point guard. We can then rotate minutes between House, Tucker and Gordon in the small forward area. Then rotate minutes between Harden/Gordon as the shooting guard as well.

I think having that starting lineup gives us a better balance for defense, rebounding and shot contests in the paint.

D-rock and bj3175 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sign faried and make him starting power forward

5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

-9.87? Rounding down

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

MDA won't play him!!! I THINK THE ROTATION SHOULD INCLUDE BRUNO MORE

Harden
    Westbrook
    House
    Covington
    Green

Bench

Rivers
    EG
    McLemore/Carroll
    Tucker
    Bruno (he needs to get 10 - 15 mins w/ Harden for a roll presence, also to provide rebounding and defense in the paint)

7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Bruno needs to play if the Rockets play zon he could be great on the backend

D-rock likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I do like the lineup.
    I hope Tucker does not take it as a true demotion.

We need more first quarter punch

Rocket River

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

House has no business starting either.

DMC over House.

But would really like to see Bruno with starters.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We need SOME punch in the Second unit

Maybe EGO instead of House
    if he ever comes back

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup. Prefer JGreen over Tucker and Ben over House.
    Tucker has been a liability on offense and even on defense. Most switches he is late or doesn’t switch right. If u guys notice most wide open layups are on tucker switches. Plus he is underside and hasn’t rebounded well. So no defense no offense or rebounds. It’s just a minus atm.

If instead he goes with the bench and plays less minutes and finishes the games maybe he will play better. He would be more rested. We complain about Harden not been able to stay in front of his man well Tucker can’t stay in front of anyone either on switches. I like pj but we do ask too much from him.
    And house needs to be sat if he won’t shoot wide open opportunities. He seriously attempts harder unnecessary shots instead of taking the wide open or just open shots. His step back or drives always result in the worse possible outcomes. He can’t finish at the rim.

At least Ben would shoot n he is one of our best shooters. we need to make sure Ben attempts at least 5 or 10 3s a game and Austin like 5.
    they are our better three point shooters. And somehow Mike needs to grow some pair and tell Harden that if he misses more than 8 or 10 to stop shooting 3s. He needs to run some pnr for Harden with Green and Harden needs to try more alleyoops or floaters.
    Finally Harden needs to get his shot together.

Everyone is watching him turn into a mediocre NBA player. His lazy attitude, his passive plays and his shot attempt have been subpar. He is getting paid a ton and I thought he said he love to hoop. I thought he said he was the best player. He is playing like trash. Get it together Harden, the Rockets always go as far as he takes us. We got Russ now so if Harden won’t change let’s just ice him and sit him. Let him pout all he wants until he plays with some effort.

I really wish him the best and I hope that he figures things out. I missed The Harden of two years ago or even last year that would play even if he was hurt or on b2b. Something is up with him he isn’t the same. Is like the Monstars took his talent.

mmm maybe this is what happens and they are filming it for the LeBron space jam movie :p

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

yes House has no business as a starter. He is sucking so much and bricking.

I’ll put Eric, Ben in before him even DMC.

though Eric is better in the bench line up.

D-rock likes this.
  13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Love the idea, thought this myself! The one guy scoring easy buckets at the rim... Makes a ton of sense...

D-rock likes this.
  14. ballgame

ballgame Member

Bruno is the only one that can switch, rebound, block shots, and hit a 3! PJ Tucker is giving up too much on the defensive end and not providing enough on the offensive end. You can't continue get out rebounded by 20+ boards a game and let opponents have a free path through the paint.... IT DOES NOT MAKE COMMON SENSE!!!

MDA and Morey are not thinking sensibly

15. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Y’all can say all y’all want, MDA isn’t gonna bench tucker. I think we all know this. Only way if it’s tucker is hurt and someone get his spot so he can “rest”.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

house is the one who needs to be benched for Green

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s a huge shame the rockets didn’t go after him 2 years ago and instead opted for guys like mcw/melo etc. what a disaster summer

D-rock likes this.
  18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

House and Tucker are only forwards still with team from last year. If team didn't like house then they would not have extended his contract with more money.

Think it's safe to say house is starting ahead of green.

House started all year so difficult seeing house coming off the bench.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Ideally we should start
    Harden, Westbrook, Covington, Green & Bruno

BUT...

Would like to see
    Starts
    Harden, Westbrook, Gordon (starting ups his trade value), Covington & Bruno
    Rotation
    Rivers, Ben, House, Green & Tucker

Then play the hot handS AND Gordon (pad his stats).

D-rock likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bruno is nowhere near someone you consider starting. He’s not even close to someone who is able to even crack the actual rotation and is still trying to find his way there to get even a minute. Throw that thought of starting Bruno out the window bc it isn’t happening nor should it.