1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Need Guidance] Internet Parental Control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jontro, Jul 13, 2016.

?

Poll amirite or what brehs?

1. Jerry Lin

25.0%
  2. Trade Beard and rebuild

12.5%
  3. I root for the Lannisters

12.5%
  4. my life starring Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman

50.0%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

So I've reached a point where my little nephews and such are growing up and learning how to use the computer. They're in Elementary, but very smart.

What's a good Chrome extension where I can control websites and block specific words from being searched?

I've noticed the little ones have discovered certain interest on women parts, looking at my Chrome history when I'm gone. :eek:

Also is there a good software or something I can download that blocks certain folders? The kids are way too young for teh faps.

1 person likes this.
  2. thejav

thejav Member

Stop blaming ur p*rn addiction on ur nephews..sicko..

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why not a guest account for your computer that you never use? Even if faps are not part of the equations, isn't this what Guest accounts are meant for?

If you can't be bothered with a guest account, why even let them use the same browser as you? I'd be making them use Edge or IE or something. No need for extensions and all that if you keep them off your browser.

Also, Incognito Mode is your friend.

4. underoverup

underoverup Member

"my little nephews"..... right bruh ;)

5. heypartner

Maybe Jontro met a nice girl who he's considering inviting over to his house. :eek:

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would let them get it out of their system ASAP. Earlier the better.

With that in mind:

1. I would set chrome homepage to pronhub
    2. I would set IE homepage to redtbue
    3. I would set firefox homepage to xhamtser

Profit.

7. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Here's the thing, with the proliferation of smartphone and mobile devices, it's only a matter of time before they get around this issue. Even if you can block it at home, you can't block it elsewhere. Just let nature take its course. It's inevitable.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You should be clearing your Chrome cache after every session, both at home and work.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

We bought a Circle to help control and monitor the videos and websites my kids can get to on any device in the house. Seems to work pretty well. You can set time limits and ratings based on age group.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

There is no point. They will find a way eventually. I bet your nephews are on Tinder as well.

1 person likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I know my neph learns all the bad things from his friends at school. I've met one in particular during a school function, in which I helped chaperone. Little breh was the devil stuck in an 8 year old's body. Just a little POS with all the evil stuff coming out of his dirty mouth and the perverted things he was contaminating my neph with. Unfortunately, he's my neph's closest friend... but I digress.

I'm sure he gets the perverted ideas from this devil, but I sure don't want to be an enabler at my place when he visits, especially when I'm not around. His parents give him no access at all to a computer at his home and he'll play Nintendo or the ipad (with no internet connection) when at home.

I don't know if his friends have a smart phone at school. I don't think they do, at least not when I saw them.

Imma check out Circle. Is there a free one tho?

I'm just thinking of possible alternatives to creating a guest account for windows. I've never done it before. Can that enable me to control their internet browsing options? Like super safe mode?

Also I always use incognito for Jontro's research purposes. For science. Thank God for incognito. But I don't think he knows about "history" yet at this point. Just google.

12. heypartner

Do a guest account. It easily stops all access to your folders and files. Btw just use the built in Guest account. No need to create a new one

It won't automatically add safe browsing, but it gives them their own personal browser. It won't share anything with you. I believe you can install plugins completely separate from your browsing experience too. But if not and the plugins install for all users, just set them for Edge/IE versus the browser you use

Edge most likely has a very simple to activate safe mode

1 person likes this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Get them a Brazzers subscription for their birthday. You'll instantly be the coolest dad on the planet.

1 person likes this.
  14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Was his name Damien and look like this???

[​IMG]

15. Sajan

Sajan Member